News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood issues.

Started by Chargerfanatic, February 18, 2007, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerfanatic

Quick question about 71 Chargers. Do bulge hoods have anymore hood to cleaner clearence than a flat hood? I am running a torker manifold, Eddy carb and MP cast air cleaner. Just looks like it is sticking up too high. I hate to use a shorter filter and starve the motor. Thanks

87 Shelby GLHS

pettyfan43

Yeah the bulge hood is domed and also has no support in that area so there is a LOT of clearance. The 71 Hoods have the inserts so there is some difference. The Ramcharger gives you the least leeway because all that stuff is made to fit together in a certain way and ina  certain space.

The 72-74 plain bulge hoods are your best bet.

Chargerfanatic

Thanks for the info. I just didn't know if it would have the same bracing.

87 Shelby GLHS

41husk

If you dont have the fiberglass air grabber box on the back side it is the exact same clearance as the reg buldge hood.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger1973

These pictures show the difference in the bulge hood and standard hoods bracing.

Chargerfanatic

Thanks. Does anyone know where the best place to buy a fiberglass power bulge hood? Looking for good price and quality.

87 Shelby GLHS

mikesbbody

try this place http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/charger.html they are in canada i have heard both good and bad things about them but never bought from them myself