News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Camshaft identification..?

Started by T16, October 14, 2006, 03:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T16

How can I id my camshaft..?

383 with a Torker intake so I guess cam is not stock..

Found these stampings: SCH 58   ???

Challenger340

If you can't get response to those numbers, "SCH 58", you may wish to measure the peak lift on the lobe, then the base circle, with some vernier calipers.
Subtract the base circle from the peak, then multiply by 1.5 for the rocker ratio, will give you a ball park for the lift on the cam.
To find duration is more involved and requires V-blocks, dial indicator, and a degree wheel.

Anybody know the SCH 58   ??

Bump ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Rolling_Thunder

yea - im doubting u'll find an answer here...     I had a cam that noone knew either...     produced by Americam
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Chryco Psycho

most cam markings are extremely hard to identify , good companies will stamp Comp Crane , Engle etc on the rear

oldkimmer

your sch58 is betweemthe lobesand the end, correct?  factory stock 2bbl cam
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T16

Quote from: oldkimmer on October 22, 2006, 11:33:17 AM
your sch58 is betweemthe lobesand the end, correct? 

Here´s a pic..

Chryco Psycho

are there any # stamped into the rear of the cam , the # you are looking at are just the blank casting # not the grind #

T16

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 05, 2006, 04:32:23 PM
are there any # stamped into the rear of the cam , the # you are looking at are just the blank casting # not the grind #

No.. nada

oldkimmer

Its a stocker for sure, Ive checked 4 other cams I had laying around.
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chryco Psycho

get a venier caliper or dial guage & measure the lift