News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My wife and I were talking......

Started by Paul G, August 29, 2005, 09:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

my friend CARLOS WAS 39. just got married . bought a house and had a baby. 1 yr later he's making love to his wife and boom, massive heart attack. there was a problem with his heart from birth. that was never detected. i miss him.
  you only live once. i have my pension from 25 yrs at the nyt. i drove a truck. so f it i'm doing it. i'm also gonna sell my boss hoss to add aliittle more cash to the kitty.
i'm building a daytona replica and i will own a real bird. thats a hell of a stable. not counting the r/t , satellite or the 39 plymouth. i'm looking for a decent 70 charger for the 440 i'm building.   thanks for your advice. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

70charginglizard

invest it in an oil well somewhere in the middle east.

You'll make....billions.
70charginglizard

69_500

The ebodies are a very safe investment choice. I don't see the Chargers keeping their skyrocketed prices they currently have. I hope they do, but then again I hope they don't. I want a Daytona one of these days, and as it looks now that day will be when i'm 104.

41husk

:yesnod: E body and challengers are priced a little below the cudas so that may be the best bet for an investment, but like my wife says " it aint an investment if your never going to sell" :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

triple_green

I agree with buying an E body. Challengers next. Next buy a E or B body convertible. Buy a hemi car. Buy a Charger/RR/Superbee/GTX. Clones of wingcars, other rare Mopars.

The more special or unique feature the better R/T, 4-speed, Big Block, desirable color.

If you can build in equity by doing some of the restoration yourself all the better.

my $.02

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

triple_green

BBSam,

Be care of the tax consequences of raiding your 401K. If you are under 59 1/2 you will pay an early withdrawal penalty, plus taxes on all that income in one year will push you up to the highest tax bracket. i.e. if you withdraw $100K early, you will only end up with $60K after you are done. You might be better off to borrowing the money from your 401K than outright w/d it.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

69_500

That is true, but borrowing money from your 401K isn't fool proof either. As you have to pay yourself back the money with interest.

MichaelRW

Not positive, but I thought you could only borrow against a 401K for buying a house, education or medical emergency.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

BigBlockSam

yes taxes will kill mei.  i will  lose 30 % . it will leave almost enough for a bird. if i get lucky and find one at a decent  price. thanks for the advice
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Brock Samson

sounds like you already made up your mind before you posted...

Telvis

I would buy real estate as an investment. I like cars for fun. The old addage buy low-sell high is something to think about. Prices are at a high right now. They might go up and they might not. I personally think the prices are highly inflated The rich people who are spending outrageous amounts of money on these cars can be fickle.

ChargerSG

A real Hemi Charger from 68-70 must be well invested money.
My lady and i borrowed some money and i bought a Challenger SE and she were going to buy a Denom but buys Mustang instead hmmrrffhhh....
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Brock Samson

somebody must have killed him while he was writting that post... :icon_smile_dead: I hope he's all write..  :icon_smile_sleepy: