News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

disk brakes for 69 charger

Started by rasin kahne, November 29, 2006, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasin kahne

is there a web site to buy online or a phone #

Shakey

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69 rt

I was told that standard wheels will not fit if you go to disk brakes. Is this true?

hemigeno

Quote from: 69 rt on December 01, 2006, 08:08:35 AM
I was told that standard wheels will not fit if you go to disk brakes. Is this true?

I'm not aware of any specialization for disc brake wheels vs. drum brake wheels.  AFAIK, even cars equipped with 15" wheels had the same size brake drums as those of 14" wheel cars.

resq302

69 rt

When I put the correct 4 piston disc brakes back onto my car, I was told that the snout part of the brake rotor would not clear the center part of the magnum 500 rims that the rotor neeted to be machined.  My repro rotors fit my magnums with no problems though.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

no318

Quote from: 69 rt on December 01, 2006, 08:08:35 AM
I did not have a problem.  Used factory magnums and new 15" magnums

69 rt

Good to know when I make the switch.

Thanks

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Shakey on November 29, 2006, 06:10:48 PM
No.

Welcome to the site!   :cheers:

:icon_smile_big: Welcome to our world, eh Shakey?

kayne, don't take shakey's post as negative. It's been a long time problem getting original parts for 69 B-Body disc brakes.

I'm still torn about what to do with my car. I have everything from my. I have a source for one used setup.
Should I pay through the nose to get that all working knowing full well that the system is not the best I could get in terems of stopping power?
or go with a setup much like you are looking at?

So, with respect to shakey, I'll revise the answer to no and yes.  :icon_smile_cool:

As for the larger wheel questions, I think that's more of an issue with the aftermarket kits.
I sold the wilwood kit that I got with my car and the person who bought it found out that he needed larger wheels. I had no idea at the time because I had never installed a setup.

Ghoste

My world too.  In the end, I decided to restore my factory setup as I was lucky enough to find some nos pads and rotors this past summer at a swap meet for a not too outrageous sum.  However, I had been looking for a while and this was the last season I was going to be able to get out of the factory originals.  Oh, and I have 15 Magnums on mine as well.

rasin kahne

I am new to the forum and thank you all for the help, I am goning with the 14" new rotors front and back.
With the horsepower I want the stoping power.  Thanks again for all the help