News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally Done!! Thanks

Started by lilwendal, October 28, 2006, 09:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilwendal

Just wanted to thank those on the site that helped with tech questions durring the resto. First time doing a hemi clone and the gratuitous members of this site provided much needed info.  I hope this site continues to be the place to go for charger chat.  Heres some pics.  I'm already diving into the next one. Triple black and will probably be a hemi clone as well.  Thanks again, Mike

lilwendal

Couple more.

Shakey

Beautiful!   :thumbs:

She looks great - stick around, by the looks of it, you could teach us a thing or two.   :yesnod:

Well done.

lilwendal

Oh and that battery and those batterty cables are killing me to see them in those pics. Hopefully the repo original battery I've ordered comes in soon. ;)

nitrometal

What a sweet ride!  I can't wait to see your next one!!!   :2thumbs:
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

great lookin charger, mice mods!  ;D very good!  :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mefirst

Blakcharger440

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Hemidog

That's a great hemi clone, how much time did it take?

THE CHARGER PUNK

ChargerRob

WoW! that's beautiful. Congrats.  :2thumbs:  One question. What's that switch next to the radio on the dash? ???
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

lilwendal

Thanks guys. Hemi dog, I started this one in Feb.  I didnt expect it to take this long but it require a lot more metal work than originally planned. That and all the research and parts rounding for the hemi. Usually 6 months is my goal.
Matt I 've been told I have a sickness but I really enjoy building them more than driving.  Last night there was a cruise in and I didnt go only because I was already busy tearing apart the next charger. Its not really a money issue. I have a regular job. This is just a hobby. I enjoy the challenge of bringing home a car Fred Sanford wouldnt touch and 6 months later transforming it into a piece of mopar art. I drive it around for a month or 2.  Show it off to friends and family then on to the next.
Rob, Thats the fader for the rear speakers. In 1968 this was top of the line Hi Fi AM. 1 speaker in the dash and 2 on the rear tray connected in series.  It actually works too!

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

Sweet car!!  I like cruizan more than wrenchin, anytime you want to finish one of mine, let me know.  You do great work..
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up