News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

paypal scam

Started by old man, October 26, 2006, 06:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old man

Yesterday I received an email that said it was from paypal. It stated that an new email address had been added to my account. It stated that if incorrect to click on link and update my account. I did not follow their instructions and instead went to my account thru normal channels. It was a fake and the site it would have taken me to was not a true paypal site. This is not the first time this has happened. I learned a leason the first time after following the email instructions. I had to cancel my paypal account, creditcard, and email account after I finally figured it out. The people doing this type of scam should be beaten with a rusty axe. :flame: I did turn over all information to paypal and they were able to shutdown the fake site . Just a fair warning.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

41husk

Same thing happened to me a couple months ago, I am done with ebay, I hope!!!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nh_mopar_fan

It's not brain surgery. Run your cursor over the link and look down at the bottom of your screen and it will show you the page that the link sends you to. You'll see whether it's a legit link or not.

Paypal and ebay will never ask you for that info. NEVER.

TK73

I solved that problem by canning PayPal and not using eBag anymore... saves lots O money  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

41husk

Same thing happened to me a couple months ago, I am done with ebay, I hope!!!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Steve P.

I report them all the time........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)