News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will electronic tach work with MSD ignition?

Started by timinator, October 27, 2006, 09:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timinator

I have an Autometer electronic tach in my 68 Charger. I'm currently running a Dodge electronic ignition but was considering an MSD ignition. I've heard the MSD ignition won't allow these tachs to function properly because of the multiple sparks it produces. Is this true? My signal wire to the tach is currently off the coil. Does the MSD allow a tie in at the ECU to send a normal signal to the tach?

Chryco Psycho

the MSD box hasa terminal to conect to the tach with a single pulse so it will be accurate 

myk

I'm wondering if he'll have to fabricate a connector to plug into that terminal...

Ghoste

I thought Autometer had it on there already?  Plug and play?

myk

If that's the case then I'll buy an Autometer also.  I've been dying for a 'tach but I haven't been able to find out what 'tachs could plug into my MSD box...

Ghoste

I believe they are Autometer, Stewart-Warner and one more...  Mallory or Moroso maybe?  I think most Chevy factory tachs can be wired right in there as well but you have to change the connector.