News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Horn - Dixie or "Dukes of Hazzard" horn

Started by ldctib, October 19, 2006, 12:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldctib

My son has a 69 Charger that he is restoring and I would like to get him the "Dukes of Hazzard" horn for Christmas.  I was on JC Whitney's web site and tried the sound of their 12 notes Dixie Air Horn but it didn't sound like the real Macoy on the computer.  I would like some advice on the best horn to purchase so he can get the original "Dukes of Hazzard" sound from the horn.  Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

moparjohn

I have that one in my truck, sounds dead on to me.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Mefirst

resq302

Why not?  its not your car.  I had a set in my 69 charger till I started taking it to Concours shows.  They are currently sitting on my floor in my shed collecting dust   :-\
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

moparjohn

Well, I would not have my Charger today if not for DOH, and it is certainly not a GL clone. I still enjoy them as much as I did IF not more than when I was a kid.  So I guess love um or leave um "I love um I love um "
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

BlueSS454

I have one in my 86 Cutlass, been in there since 1997.  It was made by WOLO, the tone is dead on.  I will be taking it out of the Cutlass once the Charger is finished.
Tom Rightler

smasherofall

when I bought my charger back in 88 it had a cavalry "CHARGE" horn in it. seems a little more appropiate for a non-dukes car...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on October 19, 2006, 04:14:58 PM
Why not? its not your car. I had a set in my 69 charger till I started taking it to Concours shows. They are currently sitting on my floor in my shed collecting dust :-\

I stilll have mine in the trunk.....F the judges if they dont like it! :thumbs:

Mine are made by Wolo as well (JC Whitney).

They are a bit slower than the TV show version...

PS---welcome to thw site :cheers:

PSS---register the car if you have'nt already
www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

74340charger

I have some in my 74, they are slower than the original. does any one know how to speed that up? just up the amps to it?

Neal_J

Like the rest, the one to run is made by Wolo and sounds 12 notes - somewhat slowly.

THere is another horn that JC Whitney sells that doesn't include all the the notes.  Sounds lame.  Avoid.

Yee haww & welcome,

Neal

rusty lee

I had one in A Daytona. great for large crowds. I put mine on a switch so you didn't have to hold the horn button.