News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Throttle Linkage

Started by 68Charger318, November 08, 2006, 08:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68Charger318

Hello everybody Im new to the boards as a member but I have been visiting here off and on trying to look up some answers to some questions I have.  I have come to the conclusion that I need A LOT of help.  I have  a 68 Charger with a 318 in it....I have replaced the stock intake with an Edlebrock Perfomer Intake and I have an Edlebrock Performer 600 CFM Carb to mount on it.....I have everything on but I can not figure out the linkage....How does it all hook up?  I have it on there now but it will not shift down into passing gear at all and also the car is shifting really fast.....Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks

Andy

John_Kunkel

Do you have the special Mopar throttle lever extension on the Edelbrock car? The P/N is 1481, you'll never get the linkage to work correctly without it.

Since the linkage was originally from a 2-barrel it will be necessary to extend the top rod to reach the carb stud.

With the carb at warm idle and the trans lever full forward, adjust the top rod so that the rear of the slot rests against the back side of the throttle stud. Be sure there is a spring to pull the linkage forward. The linkage should start to move rearward as soon as the throttle is opened, no lost motion.

From the initial setting, the linkage can be adjusted to tune the part throttle upshift points to suit the individual. If the trans will kickdown at WOT from top gear at around 40 mph, the adjustment is OK.

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

68Charger318

Yes I have the throttle lever extension.  Thanks a bunch that is gonna be a big help when I get home and get to looking at it.