News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the difference from an R/T or a base 68/69???

Started by skip68, October 11, 2006, 12:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I've loved these cars for 28 + years and have never cared if it was an R/T or not. So my question is can you tell by looking at the car (other than the emblems)  if it is an R/T or a base model??? :shruggy:...............Thanks, Chuck
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

myk

Just by looking at it, there's no way tell.  Looking at the VIN is the only way to really tell if it's a genuine R/T or not...

Ghoste

There are subtle physical differences of course but any good clone can add these.  For that matter, after nearly 40 years any real RT could have lost them.
The RT came stock with a 440 and the Hemi was the only engine option.  Automatic or four speed were the only trans choices and 8.75 or Dana for the rearend.  The suspension was the Hemi style with the bigger leaf springs and 11 inch drums.