News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

YEE! I LOVE MY CHARGER!

Started by terrible one, October 10, 2006, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Alright, time for a senseless post (but aren't all of my posts senseless?) I'm just sitting here doing homework, looking at the picture of my Charger that I have set as my desktop background. The other day, my friend got the brakes finished on his '65 Sport Fury convert and we drove it around a little bit, doing some burnouts, etc. That made me want to drive the Charger so bad! There's just something unbeatable about an old Mopar. And I'm so ready to get mine on the road! It will be far from pretty for a good long time, but I'll enjoy the hell out of it as much as anyone could once I get to drive it! It's so great to finally own my dream car at the young age of 16, even though it's so far from being completed.

Brock Samson

thallium

and he can not wait to get it on the road.

Judhudson

You bet it is!  I love mine thats for sure!

Carrnutt

hey man, good luck and don't get discouraged EVER may take some time but it'll be worth it  TRUST ME 6yrs and still not done LUVIN every minute of it, ok there have been a few I hated hehe
1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins

bull

I wish I had as much room as you do.

Brock Samson

ChargerHound69

I have to agree.  You can fit another two cars in there and a work bench and parts and ........

......Ohhhh  maybe that is where I went wrong with my own workspace.

PocketThunder

that picture is cool. Just the two shop lights over the car like in an operating room..   Its like i'm waiting for the headlights to come on like in the movie Christine...

Where are you at with your restoration?   or what are your plans?  get it running and drive it in primer?  does the engine run or dont you have one, i dont remember from when you got the car..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Schuler

Hey, another young guy with a Charger. That's great. You will enjoy driving it, thats for sure. I love every minute driving and sometimes enjoy working on it...somedays I don't.
-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

terrible one

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 11, 2006, 04:22:05 PM
that picture is cool. Just the two shop lights over the car like in an operating room..   Its like i'm waiting for the headlights to come on like in the movie Christine...

Where are you at with your restoration?   or what are your plans?  get it running and drive it in primer?  does the engine run or dont you have one, i dont remember from when you got the car..

Thanks man. I like the picture too. Right now I'm not very far at all with the restoration. I stripped all of the bondo off of the ass end to see where I was at. It has a solid frame all the way back but the sheetmetal is pretty bad. The front is ready to paint. My plans are to get it on the road soon. The big decision is getting it running and driving and go from there, or replace the metal in the back, then do that. No engine yet. Originally a 318 car. I plan to get a 440/727 to put in there. We'll just see. Money is the biggest thing right now, but isn't it always?

PocketThunder

i would do like mojo is doing and buy a running vehicle with a 360 in it or 318 and just swap it into your Charger.  I dropped close to $4000 for my 440 727 combo for my 318 car.  and money is always hard to come by, so i would do a smaller engine swap for now, you should be able to find a dakota v8 or something for less than a grand.....

good luck

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

terrible one

Thanks for the advice man. I'll look into that, but I probably won't start anything serious until I have an alright amount of money to put into it. I'm just glad to have the car right now, even if it does need a lot of help.

BigBlockSam

if you luv your charger now. wait till you drive her. then the fun really begins.  :drive:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

squeakfinder

A donor car thats running and driving might be the best bet. The biggest thrill will be driving it out of the building on its own power, no matter what shape its in. Good luck!
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....