News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LA engine, Magnum heads

Started by 74340charger, October 04, 2006, 09:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74340charger

I have a book that tells me how to put the mag heads on my LA 360, what other things do I need other than the complete head and valve train. It talks about every part but the intake. what intake should I use with this? is there already a thread? what power gains did you feel/ or dyno? thanks alot!

Chryco Psycho

you will need a different intake , the bolts are at a differnt angle on the Magnum , I have never dynoed this swap

Lightning

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 05, 2006, 12:05:16 AM
you will need a different intake , the bolts are at a differnt angle on the Magnum , I have never dynoed this swap

however, there's a template out so you can drill the holes for the LA intake....
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

whitehatspecial

Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

74340charger

I'm trying to do this myself and learn something here. But it sounds like the one thing I'll have a shop do is possibly drill the heads for a LA intake. I would like to have an eddy preformer rpm that would work if I ever went and just had the original heads reworked. thanks alot!