News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you make pics smallers so I can show you my charger?

Started by mikes68charger, June 21, 2006, 06:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes68charger

Sorry if this has been asked but I did search for it. I Loved the old site and I'm very excited about this one. I was almost going to sell my charger because with out the old site I was lost and had no one to ask for help. There is so much about these cars I don't know and I drove my charger for the first time in 7 years this weekend.  :icon_smile_big: I have a lot of questions and pics  Thanks and I miss you Guys :devil:

PS Thanks for the spell check, I cant remember how many people used to get made at me because my spelling, :angel:

Big Lebowski

Reduce your pics to 75% or 500x500 pixels, that keeps them under 200kb
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Charger Aficionado

Open a FREE photobucket account.   

Use their edit function...   Host there and you will be able to use {img} tags already provided...

http://photobucket.com

Brock Samson

basicly you have to run them thru a photo editing process to shrink them, i'm using   Photohands   which is quite basic but easy...

you do not have to pay for one like the $65.00 the kodac program wanted which loaded with my camara. There are many free programs,..
  but basicly you have to make a smaller version of your orig. rename it after you manipulate it cause you also may need to turn it on it's side or rotate it as it's called. (besides any special effects).
  After you've edited your pic. hit SAVE and rename it. then it will be retriveable when you make a post, at the bottom of the post it will say browse next to a open space,.. click browse and look in the  "my pictures"  folder for your newly named and resized masterpiece.

good luck and lets see!

mikes68charger

Open a FREE photobucket account.   

Use their edit function...   Host there and you will be able to use {img} tags already provided...

I loaded this site and srank my pics but how do I save these pics to my computer so I can download them to this site or my yahoo photos?

Brock Samson

that's good,. great lookin charger,.. love the scallops..
if that size is 500, try 600 next...

Troy

If you have a Photobucket account then you can just link to them from here - no need to download to your computer and then reupload here. You should see some boxes with text in them under each of your pictures in Photobucket. Copy the one that starts with a square bracket like this "[im..." and paste it into your post here. I'll post one so you can see how it's done (just click on "Quote" next to my post and all the text that I put in will be there for you to see). Then, everone will be able to see your newly resized picture.

However, if you only want to use Photobucket for resizing then you'll need to save the picture back to your computer first. Do this by right-clicking the new image and selecting "Save Picture As..." and then choosing a location to download it to.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

genlee1970

I'm a low tech type, and after I messed around with Picture It.... etc., I found the easiest and cheapest way was to email the pics to myself, they are pretty much resized automatically unless you specify not to. Then I right click, and hit "save as...." and file them as smaller versions of the origional. I can then fit two per post. Kind of seems like alot of work but it's free and besides, I refuse to read the manual!!

chrisII

www.picturetray.com    verry small simple program , drag and drop. so simple that i use it even tho i have more complicated programs that can do the job. it only lakes like 30 seconds to open it up resize a pic and close it.

SeattleCharger

Here is a great photo working free program that I downloaded maybe two years ago, it works great and there were no catches or spamming or bugs, etc., from the free download.  Its Serif Photoplus 6.0.  They give away this version hoping you will buy newer versions in the future, have gotten one email once every two or three months at most.   You can do many of the things photoshop can do, and has huge file storage of your modified pics.  Has a directions index and table of contents, seems a little complicated at first to figure out manual/directions, but once you start figuring out the first things, it is easier to figure out other things, very well worth the time spent.  Main benefit is optimizing photos, which is changing the file size without changeing the width and height of photo, especially if you download digital pictures a lot, they go right into this program if you want, and you can resize them, resize the megabytes of them to under 200K, then export them to your misc. email files or whatever.   You can crop, flip horizontally,vertically, rotate any degree, combine pictures, layer pictures, touch up paint pictures, do photochops, change lighting and contrast to high degrees, do animation, etc., have any questions just ask.  I am not associated with this software at all, just sharing my good luck finding this:

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/default.asp

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Imposter71

OK let me try again..........................