News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 charger quarter panel stamping

Started by C500, April 10, 2007, 01:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

didn't see any postings on here about these.........just finished on ebay, original quarters for both sides

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-1969-1970-Dodge-Charger-Quarter-Panel-Stamping_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQihZ016QQitemZ260104654502QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-1969-1970-Dodge-Charger-Quarter-Panel-Stamping_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQihZ016QQitemZ260104655831QQrdZ1

someone posted here a while ago about new quarters being reprodued from laser scanning a 1/4 thats already on a charger. surely this would be a better place to start for reproduction quarters?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Troy

Those ones on eBay cannot be original stampings like the ads state - they aren't full panels. I'd say someone is trying to make a quick buck off of a repro stamping.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

Kind of missing a large section to be an origional stamping.

Charger_Fan

Did you notice the seller name? Sounds pretty close to Hardcore Racing to me... :rotz:
Damn thing looks like a sliced open beer can to me. :crazy:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on April 10, 2007, 05:13:49 PM
Did you notice the seller name? Sounds pretty close to Hardcore Racing to me... :rotz:
Damn thing looks like a sliced open beer can to me. :crazy:
They are in Flint, MI just like Hardcore. If you check their "completed listings" you'll also see a Ford GT and a Z-06 Corvette that look amazingly like the ones listed on their site. If you look at the pictures for the GT you'll see the Hardcore Racing trailer in the background. ;) The thing is, these quarter stampings don't look anything like the ones they are supposed to be coming out with. I hope this isn't an indication of the final product (or their business ethics).

Ok, if you read real closely it never actually says they are "original" stampings from Dodge. It says "Left Side Quarter Panel Stamping, Extremly Rare! A chance to own a priceless piece of Artwork. A collectors Dream, untrimmed die stamped full size quarter panel. Unless you worked in a Dodge Stamping in 68-70 and took one home in your lunch box, this is your chance. The ultimate piece for the Art Collector. Only a few in existence." So, the implication is certainly there but these could have been stamped last month in China. I wonder if these are the prototype samples?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemi-hampton

I'd like to see a Completed Sample, Why even embarrass yourself by showing that half made half done peice of metal? :RantExplode:LEON.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Troy on April 10, 2007, 05:33:01 PM
The thing is, these quarter stampings don't look anything like the ones they are supposed to be coming out with. I hope this isn't an indication of the final product (or their business ethics).

That's what I got thinking too, that will sure deflate a lot of high hopes, if that's the case. :-\

However, the chance to own an ultimate piece of Charger art sure is a tempting thought.  :scratchchin: I bet nobody on my whole block will have one just like it! :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

nitrousn

I was all set to buy them but they would not show me any actual pictures of the finished product. I went else where and bought skins.
Here are the facts. They want 4,490.00 delivered for the pair. They are not in stock. They have not even stamped one out fully. The e-bay auction is just a way of getting money back for the novelty. As of yesterday they were supposed to be stamped and ready for delivery on the 16th. That day is now delayed. You have to pay up front to get in on the first run. They claim exactly as OEM but they have never had one to try. They plan on a specail tv station, radio station and auction to exploit the first run.They claim each of the mentioned will have a pair of quarters. I got into a pi$$ing match on moparts over these. The sales man outright lies. That thread has been locked and edited 3 or 4 times. I figure for now my money was best spent elsewhere.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi-hampton

Old Moparz

Quote from: nitrousn on April 10, 2007, 06:30:05 PM

They claim each of the mentioned will have a pair of quarters. I got into a pi$$ing match on moparts over these. The sales man outright lies. That thread has been locked and edited 3 or 4 times. I figure for now my money was best spent elsewhere.

A pissing match on Moparts?  No way!   :smilielol:

Regarding the quarter panel in question on ebay though, that isn't what their full page ad shows in the photo. I thought it was in my last issue of Hemmings Muscle Cars, but I think it was in a Mopar mag I flipped through in the store. It showed a full quarter with the extension up to the roof where the factory seam is. The ad also mentioned other sheet metal parts coming soon too.

The ebay panel is being touted as a collector's item in my opinion. Not that I think it is, I think they're doing what everyone else does, hoping for a moron with money.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TUFCAT

Hardcore Racing in Flint has been around for a while...but as far as I've known, they have'nt been into Mopars. Maybe they teamed up with Sherman and Associates (in Metro Detroit) to form a distributorship?  But why Hardocre???  I would guess Goodmark would be bringing it to market first - especially if this was a quality part. Hmmmm?