News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Poll: 71 R/T or 72 Rallye doors....

Started by nakita7, August 26, 2006, 02:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are nicer? 71 R/T doors or 72 Rallye doors

71 R/T
29 (56.9%)
72 Rallye
22 (43.1%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Goldfinger71

..........71RT pretty much summed it up about the 71's.
..............LIke I said before 72's are cool too! :icon_smile_cool:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

last426

Gills only a mother would love, no, really, I mean it, absolutely.  Kim

last426

Whew, that was close but, sure enough, it looks like the last of the real muscle cars, the 71's, won. Now how do you turn the poll thing off?  Kim

Hemidoug

71 of course!!!! Rallies are just wanta-be R/Ts anyway! :icon_smile_big:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

AKcharger

No way man! '72's Rule and '71's Drool!

nakita7

I honestly did not think the 71 would jump ahead, wow!

71 RT

Looks to me like the totals are in....Originally the thought was the 72 would "easily win against the 71".
Time to eat some crow!

last426

Quote from: last426 on September 06, 2006, 05:26:23 PM
Whew, that was close but, sure enough, it looks like the last of the real muscle cars, the 71's, won. Now how do you turn the poll thing off?  Kim

Heck, I made that post cause I really thought it would generate more 72 votes.  Instead more 71s came in.  I didn't vote and I don't really know which look better.  Maybe the 71 cause it breaks up the lines of the car in a mean way -- maybe the 72 cause it flows better with the body style.  It's fun to compare the different sides of 71-74 b-bodies and e-bodies.  What makes me sad is the drop in performance through those years.  Kim

nakita7

The performance drop is an issue with these cars (I guess), but unless you have more money than brains, pretty hard to use a 440 as a daily driver these days! I'm not one of these guys that buy a Mopar, park it in the garage and then TELL everyone about it. Not the purpose of a car.

Hey 71 RT, not eating crow yet. Don't get me wrong, I've owned a 71 RT, love them, just love the 72 doors more. Wish they would have done a cool hood insert in 72 though. Oh well.. :P