News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6 Pack Setup on a 383.

Started by Lost Sheep, July 30, 2006, 09:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Sheep

Will a 6 pack setup work correctly on a Dodge 383 Big Block without any problems?  I want to make as much power as I possibly can for my Charger and I located a 6 Pack setup and Intake but I'm leary to buy it until I know it will fit or not. thanks guys.
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

dodge freak

If you want it for power and not for looks get one holley hp carb instead. Really , it be just as good and easier to get running right. Save the rest of the cash for a hot ignition box.

Chryco Psycho

the 6 pack will work great on a 383 ,But it requires a different manifold to the 440 , the 383 is narrower being a B engine , the 383 6 pack manifold is a available
the 6 pack works at least as well as the best 4 bbls & intakes But from a cost perspective the 4 bbl wins generally , but depending on what the deal is you found it may be worth doing   

Lost Sheep

The intake I located came from a 440-6 pack engine so where can I get a intake that will fit the 383 correctly?
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

Chryco Psycho

Mopar carries the 383 intake , it is made by Edelbrock so it should be available through them also