News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Charger fender emblem placement

Started by ScottW, July 29, 2006, 08:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottW

My 71 Se had mediocre paint job done to it before I picked it up. One of the problems was that the emblems on the fenders were not located correctly. What's worse is that the body shop that painted it didn't even put both sides in the same place.

Now I need to know what the measurements are between the Charger emblem and the arrow medallion. I picked up the reproduction chassis/body service manuals but it doesn't cover the placement of emblems. Does anyone know the measurements or have an unrestored car that can get me the specs?
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

Todd Wilson

I had a good picture of this somewhere and couldnt find it so I went to the garage and snapped a fast picture here. I took the original picture and measurements off my 71 when I redid it a year and a half ago. My 71 was still in its original paint at the time so I think it is correct.

From the left at the door line to the Charger   is 2 7/8 inchs   then 3/4 inch between CHARGER and the rect. emblem

Then from the bottom of CHARGER to the body line below is about 10 1/2 inchs.   This measruement is to the CHAR*ER  not the lower g that dips down some. The body line has a slight slope to it so just pick a spot around the AR and measure and then be sure you get it straight. A small plastic level might be handy. Measure several times and be sure. That emblem glue sucks onnew paint. Maybe even use some of the green autobody masking tape to plot out the exact area you want to stick the emblems instead of sticking it on only to find out you got to move it a little with the glue all over.

| 2 7/8  CHARGER3/4====
|               ^
|
|           10 1/2
|
|
|                v
|--------body line----------------------------------

Todd

ScottW

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof