News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fitting in a late era 440...getting confused

Started by proud_owner68, July 25, 2006, 08:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proud_owner68

Im not sure what engine harness I shoud use on my 1977 440 engine for my charger.  I have one for a 68 383 engine but Im not yet sure if its all going to connect or not.   I also dont know if a 77 engine harness will connect to my 1969 dash harness..  Man, this engine transition is getting more confusing than I expected!   So far I changed oil pans and sump with one from a 68 383. Replaced the water pump housing and bought new exhaust manifolds.  What else do I have to do?   I see the engine mounts look to be a little different but they still should work right?

Telvis

firefighter3931

You will need to transfer over the engine brackets and motor mounts from the old engine to the new engine. The mounts were different between 68 and 78.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs