News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another gold Road Runner..

Started by 71GY8RUNNER, July 16, 2006, 11:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71GY8RUNNER

I just joined this site because I noticed that one of the members Brock Samson had a very similiar car to mine. Well, they are really quite similiar since they were built at the same plant, on the same day, and share sequential VIN numbers and have identical fender tags, and the dealer order numbers are the same. Mine is RM23H1E125203, and Brock's is RM23H1E125204. Although it is wearing most of its original paint, the 340 has been replaced with a 383, the 727 has been changed to a A-833 4 speed with the bench seat pistol grip, and I have added a few options from a loaded parts car. The last pic is of Brock's car.. Enjoy..

Brock Samson

Rack

Nice ride, 8Runner.

Great lookin' car. Love the hood scoop.

RD

holy cow  :o  whadda coinkydink!!!  man that is cool history right there!  welcome!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Drache

It's not everyday that you find the car next off line after yours!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Lowprofile

Looks like Brock has a new Best friend..... :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Brock Samson

well what are the odds on that?..

Jim in LA

wow, that plate sends me back, too - "cavanaugh" is the old chrysler dealership across from where i lived in alameda, california, back in the 1980s after i got out of berkeley.

my first 70 charger was from city dodge, oakland - i still have the front plate (390 AMI) after i sold the car in wisconsin while back there working ( :icon_smile_sad:). i still miss that car. bronze with a white top. sold it to some guy who was "taking it back up nort" as they say there. i hope it's doing well.

Brock Samson

yeah, car never left Alameda except for the road trips... Till last june '05...
  Eagle Ave...

Note to the gang:
I need those rear Sat. R.R. sidemarkers if ya' hear or see of any, get em 'n I'll pay ya' back... '71's

Welcome to the best site on the web Jim...
What you got?..

Jim in LA

yodel brock - i lived in alameda from 1985-89, across from the mcgee's parking lot on buena vista - same side of the street as the old ford dealer.

cavanaugh (the son) used to have the auto carriers park in front of my house at all hours to unload, claiming he had a "special arrangement" with the landlord. so, i used my special arrangement with alameda pd to have his carriers ticketed every time they did so.

we got along so well!

his was the nasty k-car era, too! i can remember their best-selling car was the Fifth Avenue. barf!

i have a 70 charger 500, new to me since may, already been doing a ton to it! very happy so far.

here's a shot of it:

i've been getting great tips at the 70 site thanks to ron (firefighter) - he helped me do the oil pump and a bunch of other stuff. AWESOME.

i love these charger sites. if only i'd had them back in the 80s!  :yesnod:

71GY8RUNNER

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 17, 2006, 03:30:15 PM
yeah, car never left Alameda except for the road trips... Till last june '05...
  Eagle Ave...

Note to the gang:
I need those rear Sat. R.R. sidemarkers if ya' hear or see of any, get em 'n I'll pay ya' back... '71's

Welcome to the best site on the web Jim...
What you got?..

Unless you find some nice ones on E-Bay, the best alternative is to purchase just the lens sections from Laysons. They are pretty close, and will work until a beautiful original set comes along. Do not buy the complete assemblys from them, since the white plastic is far too transparent on the repros.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Drache on July 17, 2006, 10:55:37 AM
It's not everyday that you find the car next off line after yours!
That's for sure! :yesnod:

Welcome to the site, both you newbies. :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71GY8RUNNER

Thanks! I do own one Dodge, a 1974 Monaco 440 cop cruiser, and almost owned a '69 R/T Charger a couple of years ago. That would have made one heck of a Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry clone.

Brock Samson

71GY8RUNNER

That particular car has the taillight stripes, which were part of the A87 Decor package. That car also has the taillight bezels, which are incorrect for Road Runner, but are correct for GTX, and Satellite Sebring Plus.

Brock Samson

yeah, i was wondering about that thanks!

now i know why my lower bumper isnt shiney, i been trying to polish it out...  :P
Yours like that too?..

Lowprofile

Wow. That car is a Beauty. I passed on a similar GTX years ago. :slap: :nutkick: :spank:  It was all banged up, but it was set up the same way....440/6-pak/4-Speed/Dana... :hah: :bawling:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

71GY8RUNNER

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 18, 2006, 01:47:50 PM
yeah, i was wondering about that thanks!

now i know why my lower bumper isnt shiney, i been trying to polish it out...  :P
Yours like that too?..

No, the stripes were totally gone from my car when I bought it. It now has rechromed bumpers on it. I am not sure if I will put them back on.

Brock Samson

So,..  don't the stripes continue down the valance?...
or was that still yet another option?...
Do ya' know what sheen of black was used? Organisol?. Semi Gloss? Flat Black? or decal?..
did you replace your transverse stripe yet?...
and, I take it your's is the Reflective Black style and not the gloss black also listed in the Catalogs?..

71GY8RUNNER

The stripes continue down to the valance, and are a decal. I have not replaced the stripes on my car yet, since the car needs paint. My car is coded for the reflective stripe.