News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Rear Spoiler

Started by Jim Curnane, July 08, 2006, 06:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Curnane

Quote from: 1972Rallye on July 17, 2006, 07:03:53 AM
Quote from: Jim Curnane on July 11, 2006, 08:02:41 PM
I did not receive the information on this question yet did not want it to fall to the wayside. Thanks Jim

Hi Jim,
To answer your specific question, the rear spoiler was not a factory option in '72.  Dealers may have installed them to make the car look "sportier" or at a customers request.  The early '72 deck lids still had the cut-outs in the inner panel for the spoiler.  They removed the cut-outs later in the '72 production run.

Both front and rear spoilers were available in '71.   You could get both by adding option group code A45.  The rear only was available as option code J81.

Hope that helped,
Bob

THANKS BOB

2fast4u

Quote from: 1972Rallye on July 17, 2006, 07:03:53 AM
Quote from: Jim Curnane on July 11, 2006, 08:02:41 PM
I did not receive the information on this question yet did not want it to fall to the wayside. Thanks Jim

Hi Jim,
To answer your specific question, the rear spoiler was not a factory option in '72.  Dealers may have installed them to make the car look "sportier" or at a customers request.  The early '72 deck lids still had the cut-outs in the inner panel for the spoiler.  They removed the cut-outs later in the '72 production run.

Both front and rear spoilers were available in '71.   You could get both by adding option group code A45.  The rear only was available as option code J81.

Hope that helped,
Bob

Okay, that answers some questions Bob.....Thank You!   I have just one more question though.  Which spoiler was factory on the '71's on the rear?  Was it the Gull wing spoiler or the other?

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

konigcharger

the go-wing '71 only... well let the scholars debate that

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

1972Rallye

Quote from: konigcharger on July 18, 2006, 01:21:58 AM
the go-wing '71 only... well let the scholars debate that

I agree... the Gull/Go Wing was '71 only.

2fast4u

Thanks for clearin' that up for me............

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

chargerkid

Thought I mentioned in an earlier in this post 71's had the gull wing spoiler.

If you want one, contact First Place Auto in Ohio.  They sell the spoilers and brackets.