News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's official...Dodge Challenger to go inproduction for 2008

Started by 69Charger_440, July 03, 2006, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Charger_440

azraelck

Make mine Blue with a 345cid V8 please. 6 speed manual, not the damned automatic. And put a Shaker on her.
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus

deputycrawford

That is good news. Where did the anouncement come from. I want to tell everyone and point it out in print or something. I will call my buddie's local Dodge dealership and put myself on his list.

Oh, Mine will be the loudest color they make and have the 6.1 if it is available. I would love the six speed but the wife can't drive one so it'll have to be the auto. I'll just have to put an after market higher stall speed converter later.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

41husk

That is great! but it sounds like no rag tops planned at this time.  I have to decide to wait in hopes of a vert or jump on the first year model.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69Charger_440

I apologize, here ya go..."The 2008 Dodge Challenger LY cars (and the 2006 Challenger concept car) Chrysler announced that the Dodge Challenger will be produced as a coupe, to arrive in dealerships in 2008 (as a 2008 model year car). According to Chrysler and the Wall Street Journal , the 300 cost $1 billion to develop, and each additional variant (e.g. Charger) cost about $330 million. All four vehicles will be built on the same line in Brampton, Ontario. (Thanks, Bob Marks.)

According to several sources, Chrysler is trying to decide on which strategy to follow: a high-price, low-volume run, or a high-volume, lower-price run. Also in flux is the question of engines - restricting to just the Hemi, or allowing both the Hemi and at least one V6. However, a manual transmission will be available along with an automatic, each having five speeds; an SRT-8 version will have the 6.1 Hemi while the stock Challenger will have the 5.7 Hemi (no, they will not have the new crate Hemi, nor did we expect them to). At this point we believe there will be a first-year run of about 50,000 Hemi equipped Challengers, possibly with automatics, followed by a smaller run of Hemi Challenger SRT-8 cars with manual transmissions."  http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

xs29j8Bullitt

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

deputycrawford

Thanks all. This is very good and credible news. I, too am waiting to see if and what the convertible version looks like. The new Mustang lost its roof line with the convertible so I expect to go with the hard top version anyway. I will save up my pennies and go for the Challenger no matter the cost.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Charger1973

When I first heard about the car, I just thought how nice my Charger could be with the money it would cost me to buy the new Challenger and that made up my mind right there.  Not to mention the fact that it would just be stupid to buy a new one when you could have the real thing for the same money.  I dont know maybe its just me, but Ill stick to the originals. 

MichaelRW

Quote from: deputycrawford on July 04, 2006, 10:54:27 AM
I would love the six speed but the wife can't drive one so it'll have to be the auto.

That's the reason to get the six speed.  ;D
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

ChargerHound69

That is for sure.  Maybe it will save you from door dings and quarterpanel dent from backing up.

Or is that just my wife?  :-[

deputycrawford

I thought of getting the six speed to keep it my own car. I will think about it. The first new vehicle we got was a crew cab truck brand new. She loves big....uh trucks so she likes to drive it. We decided it would be her new vehicle. I was planning to make the next vehicle a cool sport something that would just mine so I will think about the six speed. Oh, Charger hound. My wife backed that big Crew into our garage and I had to go to the back wall with a three pound sledge hammer and pound three of the studs back on the sill plate. It's not just your wife. My new Modine hanging natural gas heater was hanging just above it. Its a good thing that didn't come down onto the truck. I didn't want to replace it so soon. Oh....did I forget about the new truck would need paint? I love that heater. :-*

deputycrawford

Charger 1973. I have spent 18 grand on my 69 so far and the wife doesn't mind. I just show her the big.....uh, truck. She's pretty good about the whole car hobby thing. Oh, my wife and I talked about buying something new and being "one owner" of it forever. We first talked about the Mustang but saw the Challenger and changed our minds. If you gotta buy something new for a family airloom then it might as well be the Challenger. I haven't found anything close in comparison.

There is always the German four door with the name badge.......The "Charger".

NOT

ChargerHound69

It probably still had the dealer plates on it when that happend right??

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

Charger_Croatia

Glad to hear that ;D .... but I'm not sure she will come to Europe (or to my country) :icon_smile_sad:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

deputycrawford

LOL..Charger hound. She waited until it was almost two years old. Oh, then there was the time the passenger side got a good rubbing from my new, insulated garage door threshold. Luckily it has the fender flare guard thingys. My garage door did survive. She's not the only one who has done it. I had a 3000 rpm converter in another car and my driveway is kinda steep. I was spiking the converter while backing up the driveway in front of my access door. I ticked the door and a stud slipped off the sill again. The door frame broke in two. The steel, insulated, thresholded door was two weeks old. I started over and park farther from the door now.... My garage must feel like a punching bag.

myk

This thing'll be out in a year, or so.  I might have to make a decision about my stable...