News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ngk plugs for 440

Started by greenrt_se, April 12, 2006, 04:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenrt_se

whitch NGK plugs( heat range)  are good for 440 motor whit E-head (comp ratio is around 10,3:1)

firefighter3931

Bcpr-6es is what you want for a street driven 10.5:1 e-headed combo  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

greenrt_se

ChargerZach

Would these work any better than the ones reccommended my Edelbrock(Champion RC-12YC)? I am currently using the Champions and wonder if they are a good choice or not.

firefighter3931

Zach,

I've found the NGK plugs to work well in Chrysler engines. Everyone has their own preference but if you're unhappy with the champions then you can allways switch. INMO, the ngk is a superior plug.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

dodge freak

Seems like the spark box is the #1 thing-the spark plug fires as good as the power going in it-I like MSD 7 units - not cheap but puts out a good strong spark. With that box any brand plug will work good.

Chryco Psycho

I have had rpoblems with NGK , they are very sensitve to fouling & will not clean up but if the car is correctly tuned this should not be an issue