News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever notice the 3rd gen in Days of Thunder?

Started by Wakko, June 16, 2006, 12:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

I'm sure many of you have, but I just noticed it for the first time.  When the two cars are racing on the dirt track, one is a Camaro and one is a 3rd gen without hideaway headlights.

Also notice Cole saying things while in the car and his lips not moving:  "Remember me?" to Russ Wheeler and "The accelerator is stuck!"
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Lightning

do you mean the red one with the white 1/2 vinyl top? (Looks like a '73 Rallye...)
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Wakko

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

nakita7

Don't remember and I turned the movie off halfway through, awful movie...

Ghoste

Whatever happened to making car race movies with actors who actually participated in motorsports?  The James Garners, Paul Newmans, and Steve McQueens. 
Of course, Days Of Thunder was never really a car movie, it was a Cruise movie and that is a different thing altogether.  You can just as easily substitute the cars for jets or spy gadgets and have the same flick.

Wakko

DOT is the same plot as Top Gun.  Boy is cocky and good at what he does. Boy meets hot chick that resists but can't resist.   Boy has traumatic event that challenges his confidence.  Boy sabotages relationship and tanks in his chosen field.  Second traumatic experience works out ok, boy gets confidence and comes back better than ever.  And gets the girl.

I love BOTH movies, though I'm not a Tom Cruise fan.  Sure DOT is completely unrealistic but I love hearing the engines scream on the surround sound.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Ghoste

That is it's one saving grace.
I can't think of a Cruise film that doesn't follow that story line.  Risky Business, Cocktails, MI4 or whatever they are up to.

defiance

I can: Vanilla sky. 

I don't think that one HAD a specific storyline... :)

Though actually, now that I think about it, it almost does follow that formula in its own screwed up way...  Only difference is that, since the 'girl' is long dead at the end, he can't get her... 

Ghoste

You're right.  Forgive me Tom wherever you are  ;D.  An argument could be made for Eyes Wide Shut fitting the formula or not fitting it as well.
How'd we get from a car race movie to talking about Prince Crazy of Scientology Land? ???

defiance

Oh, yeah, forgot that one ... er ... I think it's more like, it was so atrocious my mind suppressed that memory in self-defense :P

haueter66

CARS is a good flick...  ;D  everyone should see it

Lightning

Quote from: haueter66 on June 17, 2006, 05:32:14 PM
CARS is a good flick...  ;D  everyone should see it

and the next unrelated post victim is.....

(I seen "Cars" twice already..)
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Headrope

I liked one thing about Days of Thunder: Nicole Kidman. She was sexy looking back then; has looked anorexic since "Eyes Wide Shut."
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Wakko

Oh yeah, you speak the truth.  When they went out to see Rowdy at his farm, those jeans she had on...hubba hubba.   In the scene where Cole, Doc and Rowdy are walking and Rowdy's wife joins them, she says "Hi Tom" instead of "Hi Cole".   
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Nacho-RT74

Ok guys, I have heard about that car Long time ago but never saw the movie... some pic about the car on some scene ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RD

Quote from: Headrope on June 18, 2006, 01:23:24 AM
I liked one thing about Days of Thunder: Nicole Kidman. She was sexy looking back then; has looked anorexic since "Eyes Wide Shut."

tom definitely can suck the life out of anyone, hence her stressed out look on her face hehehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ponch ®

Quote from: defiance on June 17, 2006, 10:52:04 AM
I can: Vanilla sky. 

That was pretty bad. Check out the far superior original version from Spain - "Open your Eyes". Penelope Cruz is also in it  :icon_smile_wink:

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Wakko on June 17, 2006, 09:41:55 AM
DOT is the same plot as Top Gun.  Boy is cocky and good at what he does. Boy meets hot chick that resists but can't resist.   Boy has traumatic event that challenges his confidence.  Boy sabotages relationship and tanks in his chosen field.  Second traumatic experience works out ok, boy gets confidence and comes back better than ever.  And gets the girl.

I love BOTH movies, though I'm not a Tom Cruise fan.  Sure DOT is completely unrealistic but I love hearing the engines scream on the surround sound.
Same plat as "Far and Away" as well. now that you mention it.

Ponch ®

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on June 19, 2006, 12:55:23 PM
Quote from: Wakko on June 17, 2006, 09:41:55 AM

Same plat as "Far and Away" as well. now that you mention it.

dont forget "All the right moves"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

MichaelRW

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........