News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Remember that story about the JATO rocket strapped to a car?

Started by bull, June 01, 2006, 12:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

It's BS, but how many of you have heard it from someone or read about it on the internet?
http://www.dps.state.az.us/news/nr96006.htm
http://www.snopes.com/autos/dream/jato.asp

I'm continually surprised about the amount of disinformation we are fed on a daily basis from so many different sources. Like the one about Microsoft paying you to be part of their internet research team, and all you have to do is "forward this email to 10 of your friends" or the one about the Pepsi can that omits the words "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance, or Ashley Flores is missing, or robbers in parking lots using ether-filled perfume bottles to render their victims unconscious, etc., etc. How many stories or emails do you get from people spreading this BS? When I get them I usually check them out on snopes.com and then email the information back to the sender hoping they will start checking it out on their own. Some people are so gullible and paranoid you wonder how they get through the day. I'm thinking about starting my own internet rumor just to see how long it takes to get back to me.

Lowprofile

I think they tried that car/rocket gag on mythbusters. Love that show. :icon_smile_big:

I have a friend of mine whose wife is the biggest internet posting, bullshit sending, clogging up the world wide web, sucking the life out of your soul beeeeotch I have ever met. This is no shit: She is up at 5 am everyday yapping with her fellow "redhatters" on the confuzer. They swap all these chain letters, warnings about spiders under your toilet seat, how Hillary Clinton is going to round up republicans and put them in prison when she is elected, how some kid in England wants you to send post cards to him, etc.......  Once they are done swapping e-junk, they drowned everyone they know with this electronic tripe. Man that drives me up the wall. It got so bad, I had to call my friend and have him tell his wife to "stop with the e-trash".   :flame: :brickwall: :RantExplode: :stirthepot: :cussing:

Ok, I'm done. :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

last426

Quote from: Lowprofile on June 01, 2006, 01:06:29 AM
Once they are done swapping e-junk, they drowned everyone they know with this electronic tripe.

Okay, that sentence confirms that you are too bright for the forum.  Now slowly extract yourself while we remain.  Kim

derailed

I remember an episode of CHIPS where a guy had a jato rocket on the back of a 69 Mach1 and jumped the car off of a sandbank. It flew like a lead ballon and naturally landed on its roof like the thousands of other cars did on that show.

2fast4u

Thats very true Bull......we are fed lots of BS over the net, and through our mail and so on...........

............BUT,  when I read that story I was laughing so hard I was cryin'.....it's still a great tall tale!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

bull

Quote from: 2fast4u on June 01, 2006, 11:49:48 PM

Thats very true Bull......we are fed lots of BS over the net, and through our mail and so on...........

............BUT,  when I read that story I was laughing so hard I was cryin'.....it's still a great tall tale!

There's definitely lots of entertainment value in some of these stories. I really like the one about the cow that sank the Japanese fishing boat. http://www.snopes.com/critters/farce/cowtao.htm

dkn1997

Quote from: last426 on June 01, 2006, 03:54:38 AM
Once they are done swapping e-junk, they drowned everyone they know with this electronic tripe.

Okay, that sentence confirms that you are too bright for the forum.  Now slowly extract yourself while we remain.  Kim

:iagree:

I have never heard "tripe" actually used in a sentence
RECHRGED

Lowprofile

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 02, 2006, 06:51:08 PM
Quote from: last426 on June 01, 2006, 03:54:38 AM

Okay, that sentence confirms that you are too bright for the forum. Now slowly extract yourself while we remain. Kim

:iagree:

I have never heard "tripe" actually used in a sentence

I done lernt dat in schoul. :P Nothing more dangerous than a edg-u-m-kated truck driver, Licensed to drive 40 tons of steel while drinkin' coffee and ratchit-jawin' on the CB radio!  WooHoo!  :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL