News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Schumacher torque strap Heim joint size

Started by timmycharger, August 28, 2024, 09:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

I had a strange failure to the Schumacher torque strap I had in my car for over 20 years.  The bold that attaches the rod end (heim joint) got loose and caused the rod end to smack the engine and snap off.  Made quite a sound but it should be a simple fix.

Anyone know the size of this rod end/heim joint? I used my calipers and got 3/8 and ordered one but it was too small. I am obviously not measuring it correctly but does anyone who has one know the size?  I sent an email to Schumacher a few days ago but did not hear back.

I just need the male end heim joint.   

And before anyone replies with just use a piece of chain or bolt through the mount etc, no thank you, this system was perfectly fine until the bolt loosened up which I will correct the next time.   20240824_130556.jpg

metallicareload99

It's not left hand thread is it? Must be either 7/16" or 10mm then :shruggy: what's the distance between threads?
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

timmycharger

I believe it is right hand thread as I remember unthreading the "stump" out of the sleeve. 

Well, this is now a moot point as I just heard from Schumacher and they are going to send me one out free of charge.

I have no receipts or anything, that is fantastic service!

metallicareload99

Good deal! I got my motor mounts from them way back when, they were good to deal with :2thumbs:
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth