News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger---Firm Feel Tubular Upper Control Arms

Started by Chatt69chgr, June 26, 2024, 03:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

Just got off the phone with Firm Feel.  I was asking about the tubular upper control arms and the fact that I couldn't find them on their website for my 69 Charger.  They said they had removed them from the website as they were not intending to make any in the foreseeable future---maybe never.  Something about them changing their business model whatever that meant.  That was disappointing.

Anybody got any suggestions on someone else that offers a similar product?  The idea was to get the built-in positive caster.

Kern Dog

I bought and installed QA 1 arms in my '70 Charger recently. Excellent product. I was able to get 8 degrees of positive caster.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on June 26, 2024, 03:39:15 PMJust got off the phone with Firm Feel.  I was asking about the tubular upper control arms and the fact that I couldn't find them on their website for my 69 Charger.  They said they had removed them from the website as they were not intending to make any in the foreseeable future---maybe never.  Something about them changing their business model whatever that meant.  That was disappointing.

Anybody got any suggestions on someone else that offers a similar product?  The idea was to get the built-in positive caster.

See this thread for the info on the QA 1 arms. They are priced about the same as the Firm Feel units.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,143101.0.html

Chatt69chgr

I ordered the QA1 upper control arms and received them today.  Thanks for the advice Kern Dog.  Very good looking pieces.  I was concerned about the upper bump stop being able to make the proper contact with the UCA when the suspension is unloaded.  Turns out that the picture that QA1 has online doesn't show the nice circular piece that is welded on the underside of the control arm.  They do show this piece on their A body control arms. So my conical shaped Moog upper bump stop, which is just like the OEM, will contact that with no problems.  I also ordered the torsion bar adjusters from QA1 too.