News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General octane build

Started by hudak69rt, June 24, 2023, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hudak69rt

Quote from: marshallfry01 on May 21, 2024, 10:46:00 PM
Quote from: hudak69rt on May 20, 2024, 10:20:39 AMBeen to busy with the side hustle of stump grinding but luckily made enough to buy the 14:1 borgeson box along with Dakota digitals rtx oem looking dash. Currently car is on a lift and the rear drums and backing plates are off it is removing the green bearing set up they are absolutely garbage and can take side load both sides pissing out gear fluid and I'm not gonna chase a problem just gonna remove it !

Green bearings suck. Tapperd bearings have lasted for decades. Green bearings have had multiple failures. Birdsong has a good YouTube video about them.
[/quote yea I wish I realized to listen to him and not go with green bearings the housing ends are ready to be welded on and the timken tapered are pressed on axles

hudak69rt

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 21, 2024, 11:53:17 PMYou guys do know that the term "Green bearings" is a brand name like Coke or Xerox, right?
Green was a company that made and sold a sealed ball bearing unit that many people bought and used on their Mopars. Yes, they are not as long lasting and durable as a Timken tapered roller bearing like what was OEM on our cars.
Some of us have had the sealed bearings in their cars for years. I have at least 7500 miles on my set, maybe more. Mine were Mopar Performance bearings installed in 2011. They show no signs of failing. The axles were cut slightly too short so at this point, to go back to a tapered bearing, I'd have to change axles too.

.                                     I drive my car like a jackass here and there in corners and they pissing out gear fluid so I ain't dealing with after spending almost 3k on a narrowed strange 60

chargerbr549

"The bellhousing cost went up a bit from Reid racing and then jw performance for adapter too has to be ordered separate and the bolts didn't work from them."

Hey hudak9RT you have the part #'s of the bellhousing the flywheel and the adapters you used to mate the 2004R to the big block?

hudak69rt

They had to machine a piece to have the bellhousing to work like extreme automatics did it while building the trans. Can't find them ik there's 2 options even tho I have a 413 in there now it's the same crank that's found in most 440s. The bolts didn't fit I do remember that

hudak69rt

The mini tub started 15x10s on 29x15x15s!