News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New rubber today

Started by lloyd3, June 11, 2024, 11:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Pinballjim on June 16, 2024, 06:32:00 PMOK, so listen to this one. A friend of mine had a tire BLOW up in his garage because of dry rotting.  A week ago, that car was in a parade. 

On a similar note, I used to let a friend park his Class A motorhome in my back yard; it, too, blew one of the rear dualies just sitting and it took out the wheel well lining and some interior plumbing.

Jay Leno writes a column for the Hagerty Magazine and a few issues ago he told a story about he and a friend took one of his many cars out for a drive and blew a tire. They replaced it with the spare and headed back to his shop when another one blew. He quipped that, with his cars sitting so much, he would soon be looking at replacing 1200 tires.

All this makes me real wary of old tires, even if they still have lots of tread remaining.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

LaOtto70Charger

Could also download a app with a speedometer to verify how far off you are.  Or find one of those radars with the led numbers police set out. This town has 5 of them around. My Charger is smack on for speed and I went up a few sizes from original.

lloyd3

More pix of the new rubber...

The back tires could be a bit wider (maybe 295s?), but absolutely no contact problems anywhere and with a bone-stock suspension

and a properly wiped-down car. Now, if it only weren't almost 100 here today...