News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repainting VIN tag?

Started by Sinister68, May 27, 2006, 11:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister68

I got ready to re-install the windshield on my '68 and noticed that my VIN tag is less than perfect.  I contacted ECS automotive and they don't offer a stencil for repainting the VIN.  Anyone with a '68 ever repaint the VIN?  If there aren't any options I'll have to paint the whole thing black without the lettering.  :'(

Thanks for the help!
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

bill440rt

Try Performance Car Graphics. They offer a dry-transfer of the Chrysler Corp. lettering that's on your VIN Tag. Mask off the tag, spray it semi-gloss black, & intall the decal. Done.
Good Luck!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bill440rt on May 28, 2006, 08:48:00 AM
Try Performance Car Graphics. They offer a dry-transfer of the Chrysler Corp. lettering that's on your VIN Tag. Mask off the tag, spray it semi-gloss black, & intall the decal. Done.
Good Luck!

:iagree: www.performancecargraphics.com does sell the stencil but not before grilling you with the 3rd degree on your car.   They will need a pencil rubbing of your VIN tag, fender tag & a copy of your broadcast sheet.
I do not know this for fact but it is what I read on other peoples experiances when trying to get this stencil......

Give them a call
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Sinister68

I've got the VIN tag and the fender tag covered, but the broadcast sheet is long gone.  I hope 2 out of 3 is enough.  I'll let them know that, if necessary, I can also verify the order number on the radiator support and trunk lid opening.

Thanks for the replies! ;D
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Dennis K

I have read the same stuff about the stencils from PCG, and I don't understand why they make you jump through the flaming hoops. I am assuming the lettering stencil is just the Chrysler corp logo under the stamped VIN,  which would be the same on all cars regardless of the VIN, am I wrong? I would like to do the same with mine, but I don't have a BS either, so I guess I'm SOL.

terrible one

Quote from: Dennis K on May 30, 2006, 05:23:51 PM
I have read the same stuff about the stencils from PCG, and I don't understand why they make you jump through the flaming hoops. I am assuming the lettering stencil is just the Chrysler corp logo under the stamped VIN,  which would be the same on all cars regardless of the VIN, am I wrong? I would like to do the same with mine, but I don't have a BS either, so I guess I'm SOL.

My thoughts exactly. It should be the same for everyone. What bad are you going to do with this stencil if you don't really have a Charger?

68 RT

You could make real looking FAKE vin tags.  :o