News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One Piece Products One piece side glass for Gen 2 B bodies

Started by Stevearino, December 27, 2022, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevearino

After 6 months of waiting I just received my new one piece side glass kit from One Piece Products out of California. The glass comes only in tinted but it is a complete kit and comes either in a manual or power window set up. It has it's own runners and full length window wiskers. The glass is also tempered safety glass.

doctor4766

Wow that looks like it could be awesome, if fitting goes well and the glass slides up and down nicely :)
Gotta love a '69

Stevearino

Quote from: doctor4766 on December 27, 2022, 10:53:33 PM
Wow that looks like it could be awesome, if fitting goes well and the glass slides up and down nicely :)

We shall see.

doctor4766

Quote from: Stevearino on December 28, 2022, 12:01:24 AM
Quote from: doctor4766 on December 27, 2022, 10:53:33 PM

We shall see.
I'd be curious as to how well the door glass seals against the body.
Good luck with the install
Gotta love a '69

Kern Dog

Most people seem to LOVE the vent windows in these cars.
I've owned far more 73 and later A bodies with no vent windows and I don't really care that they didn't have them. The appeal to them just isn't there for me.
I don't know that I'd pull my vent assemblies out to do this in my cars but to someone that bought a stripped out car, this is another way to go.
I recall the "Drive Angry" Charger had 1 piece windows. It wasn't immediately obvious to me when I saw the movie. Done right, I'll bet most people wouldn't notice the difference. Also, the elimination of those vent windows could reduce wind noise a LOT. My vents whistle a bit on both sides.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Stevearino on December 27, 2022, 07:07:24 PM
After 6 months of waiting I just received my new one piece side glass kit from One Piece Products out of California. The glass comes only in tinted but it is a complete kit and comes either in a manual or power window set up. It has it's own runners and full length window wiskers. The glass is also tempered safety glass.

Can't wait to see pictures of it installed.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Stevearino

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 28, 2022, 01:39:50 AM
Most people seem to LOVE the vent windows in these cars.
I've owned far more 73 and later A bodies with no vent windows and I don't really care that they didn't have them. The appeal to them just isn't there for me.
I don't know that I'd pull my vent assemblies out to do this in my cars but to someone that bought a stripped out car, this is another way to go.
I recall the "Drive Angry" Charger had 1 piece windows. It wasn't immediately obvious to me when I saw the movie. Done right, I'll bet most people wouldn't notice the difference. Also, the elimination of those vent windows could reduce wind noise a LOT. My vents whistle a bit on both sides.

I did this with custom glass in my Daytona and I can tell you that it does not cure wind noise. I spent a few years after the car was done fooling around with a variety of modifications to mainly  the A post area to make it better. The old style seals just don't get it.  On my current project I will be modifying a modern Challenger seal so the results may be quite different.