News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Running PCV valve

Started by Silver R/T, June 16, 2012, 06:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Originally my car came with pcv valve. I was wondering if I could get rid of it and just run breather where pcv used to be. Any harm doing this?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FLG

Any reason why? On a race motor i see why, for a street driven car id keep the PCV as it helps keep the oil free from contaminates and your engine bay clean from oil mist coming out of the breathers.

Musicman

Oil mist from breathers isn't normally an issue with a good tight build, but it certainly can be with an older stockish build... in fact, in some cases it can be down right messy. Residual oil burning off on your exhaust manifolds or headers is not something you really want to smell inside the passenger compartment.
You can try breathers if you like, they're pretty cheap, I run them on a couple of mine... but I'm just trying to give you an honest heads up here first... Breathers aren't for everyone. PVC systems have been in use for a long time, unless your having issues with yours I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

:Twocents: