News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiring for Heated and Cooled Cup Holder

Started by Keithjk1169, August 02, 2021, 12:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keithjk1169

Apologies if this is redundant. 

Hello group. I recently bought the heated and cooled cup holder for my car. It did not come with this as an option. I already did the mod on the cup side of the connector to the wire harness. (Example picture added. Mine is the same mod as others have done).

My car side wire harness has 4 wires that connect into the cup holders. But the fuse box for the corresponding fuse that other charges have for the cup holders, has no fuse. Additionally, looking in the slot for the fuse in the fuse box, there is no leads to plug in the fuse. I only realized this when I tried to plug a fuse into it to get the cup holder working. So, I am left with the tap into power elsewhere.

After looking around on the web, it says I need to run power to the unit. Most likely from the lighter outlet.

Here is my concern. I use the rear seat lighter outlet to power a Duracell DC to AC inverter power strip. (Picture added). The reason for this is I still can not find a car lighter plug for a charger that is 3-amp per outlet to charge my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Phone. The old 2.1-amp and 1-amp dual-slot charger does a slow charge and just minimal to keep it at where it is when plugged in. So, my workaround to charge my phone while driving was the old plug-in an inverter and "Wall-Wort" 3-amp charger as a workaround.

1st Issue: If I tap into the power in the rear outlet, could this blow the fuse when either is turned on?
2nd Issue: Which wire is the correct one (color) I need to tap into for either outlet (rear outlet or the front outlet)? I am keeping away from tapping into the outlet in the center console as it is used to charge my other devices.
3RD Issue: which wire on the cup holder harness do I tap into to power it on the Outlet wire is identified (my cup holder has the same color configuration as the picture obtained online).

Additional info. When I turn on the interior illumination. The Heat/Cool switches do light up like the rest of the car. But the blue illumination rings in the cup holder are way dimmer (underpowered?)
Obviously hitting the heating button does not light up the ring/s as Red or cooling as bright Blue. Fan does not turn on either. Obviously need to power the unit, hence the reason I am here.

2014 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L HEMI AWD

Mytur Binsdirti

You be on da wrong website homee. Don't expect an answer because the Chargers on this website never came with cupholders.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 02, 2021, 01:35:44 PM
You be on da wrong website homee. Don't expect an answer because the Chargers on this website never came with cupholders.

My older Charger has a cup holder wearing Daisy Dukes and a loose top, she can be heated. 
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."