News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Daily

Started by zacater, June 22, 2020, 12:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toocheaptosmoke

Heck yeah man, drive it!  :2thumbs:   I built my '70 a few years back, it's not my only transportation, but I use it like a daily in non-winter conditions.   

Lots of good advice already mentioned, like adding a 3rd brake light helps with visibility.  I added some newer style retracting shoulder seat belts to be more convenient.   Painted the floorboards and firewall with lizard skin thermal insulating paint to keep summer time temps down, no AC or carpets.  :lol:  I agree about the aftermarket parts quality, that is very frustrating.  :brickwall:

Mine has a magnum 318, dakota nv3500 5 speed, ford 8.8 w/ 3.73 & LSD.  Love the overdrive for highway cruising. 

b5blue

Ask yourself do you LIKE: grease embedded cuts from rusty parts? Black rimmed fingernails for weeks on end from tear down work. Spending days hunched inside a wheel well wishing you had 7 fingers, extra elbows and super strength. Saving ragged out shirts and pants cuz you know that SOB in the driveway is gonna ruin them anyway. Paying 65.00 to express ship parts you can't use. Ordering the parts you need only to find they are made wrong. Finding everyone you pay to do anything will not do as good of a job as you paid them to do. Finding that rust and sandy grease can taste like victory or defeat regardless of what others see.
   If you LIKE that stuff and want to proceed only buy a car with good bones that YOU have checked. Get under it and tap squeeze scratch poke whatever, it's got to be solid and straight on the bottom or your never gonna have any fun.     

Back N Black

Quote from: b5blue on June 23, 2020, 09:21:42 AM
    Ask yourself do you LIKE: grease embedded cuts from rusty parts? Black rimmed fingernails for weeks on end from tear down work. Spending days hunched inside a wheel well wishing you had 7 fingers, extra elbows and super strength. Saving ragged out shirts and pants cuz you know that SOB in the driveway is gonna ruin them anyway. Paying 65.00 to express ship parts you can't use. Ordering the parts you need only to find they are made wrong. Finding everyone you pay to do anything will not do as good of a job as you paid them to do. Finding that rust and sandy grease can taste like victory or defeat regardless of what others see.
   If you LIKE that stuff and want to proceed only buy a car with good bones that YOU have checked. Get under it and tap squeeze scratch poke whatever, it's got to be solid and straight on the bottom or your never gonna have any fun.     

That sums it up nicely.  :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

Quote from: toocheaptosmoke on June 22, 2020, 09:28:17 PM
Heck yeah man, drive it!  :2thumbs:   I built my '70 a few years back, it's not my only transportation, but I use it like a daily in non-winter conditions.   

Lots of good advice already mentioned, like adding a 3rd brake light helps with visibility.  I added some newer style retracting shoulder seat belts to be more convenient.   Painted the floorboards and firewall with lizard skin thermal insulating paint to keep summer time temps down, no AC or carpets.  :lol:  I agree about the aftermarket parts quality, that is very frustrating.  :brickwall:

Mine has a magnum 318, dakota nv3500 5 speed, ford 8.8 w/ 3.73 & LSD.  Love the overdrive for highway cruising. 

You forgot to mention your clever grille !
I remember seeing a video or something with the custom job you did. Sure beats spending $1500 on a used one!

RallyeMike

QuoteThat being said, if I'm ever stuck in a rain shower, should I open up the doors, quarters and channels to clean and dry out ? I'm definitely getting weather stripping all around that is for sure haha

Clean out the bottoms of the doors and quarters and make sure the drain holes are open. Install new rubber, keep the car waxed and in a heated garage when not in use. Run the heat good and hot when you are in the rain. Don't keep stuff in the car that absorbs moisture.

It will still rust, but you can slow it down.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/