News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electrical question-dome light/door jam relay- not working 100% of the time

Started by 71 RT, May 23, 2006, 09:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 RT

I have a wierd question for you electrical guys.  I am not getting a dome light when I open the doors.  I do have a dome light if I turn my cluster dimmer all the way to one side.  I am also getting the "key in ignition" warning buzzer if the door is open, but only if I have the dimmer rotated all the way to one side with the dome light on.  Obvioulsy I am not getting 12 volts unless the dimmer is all the way to one side.  I have a new light switch, new wiring, and I know the jam relays are wired.  Where does the 12 volts come form that go to the dome light when the dimmer switch is NOT all the way open?  Any hints on this would be appreciated. 

Plumcrazy

The panel dimmer and the door jamb switches only provide the ground for the dome light, not the power.

If you can turn the dome light on with the panel dimmer switch then you are getting battery voltage to the dome light.
The problem is related to the door jamb switches or the wiring leading to them.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

71440charger

The Killer Cam

Nacho-RT74

check that you have the right bulb... 1004.

check also on kick panel area for the pink and yellow wires plug... it could be some loosen.

Jam switch is also related with seatbelt warning light and key courtesy light drived with a time delay flasher...

Map lights also turns on with door Jam switch.

Key in buzzer is related with door switch, but ONLY DRIVER SIDE, and is a separated black wire than the yellow one that is feeded by both doors. You will notice that those switches have two prongs. On driver side attachs a black and yellow wires, and on passenger side only the yellow one.

Yellow is the one that drives all, except key in buzzer what as told is the black one.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Dale The Bold

Does anyone make new jamb switches for a '69 Charger?  I bought the B-Body one from Year One and it's the wrong size.  What they sent me matches their photo, but nothing they have seems to match my actual door jamb switch.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"