News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What color should i

Started by ht4spd307, February 13, 2020, 02:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello i have an original R/T SE factory color is y3 cream but like b5 blue also i like both which one would you pick

CREAM Y3
19 (63.3%)
BLUE B5
11 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

ht4spd307

I'm at the stage of painting my car it's an original r/t se y3  cream black vinyl black trim & bee stripe which i don't mind but also like the B5 color which one would you do

JB400

B5 is pretty, but there's a lot of it out there.

Mytur Binsdirti

If it's an original 318 or 383 2 barrel car, it matters not if you change the color.  However, if it's an original R/T, the color change will hurt the resale value. Yes, I know if you keep it forever, the color change doesn't matter, but things do change in life & you may eventually sell it.

Ghoste

I dont think a change to B5 will hurt it.

tan top

neither !   paint it Y2 yellow   :yesnod: :drool5:  ;)   just kidding !  

nothing against lesser optioned Chargers ,  because it is what it is !  an R/T SE , would paint it in the original color Y3 although lifes short paint it what ever makes you happy but factor in that to do a color change properly its not a quick job & if your paying a paint shop to do it its not going to be cheap !  then what happens if you decide oh there are too many B5 chargers about !  again no offence to B5 chargers look awesome in that color too, good luck with what ever you decide !  

KEEP IT the original color  ;)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

DAY CLONA

b5blue

stripedelete

Go y3 because it's not B5.

Y3 with Cragers is really sharp.

c00nhunterjoe

Challenger340

IMO, Leave it Y3 because it's an R/T SE

TONS of B5 examples already, and LOTS of Black ones already.... Y3 Cream R/T SE's not so much, and yours is stunning !

BTW, you have the wrong 1970 NON inner-lipped trim rings on yours ?

Only wimps wear Bowties !

mopar Robert

My 70 RT was originally y3 cream and it was changed to sublime before I bought it. I'm keeping it sublime. Mine is an original RT also. Paint it b5 if you want to but yours looks awesome the way it is now

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Challenger340 on February 13, 2020, 02:34:16 PM
IMO, Leave it Y3 because it's an R/T SE

TONS of B5 examples already, and LOTS of Black ones already.... Y3 Cream R/T SE's not so much, and yours is stunning !

BTW, you have the wrong 1970 NON inner-lipped trim rings on yours ?

I believe the Y3 car in the pic is not his , he's just showing  you an example of what it would look like . That car in pic is a another members  car ( which I also believe has been sold ) .
Anyway , I also vote for keeping it orig Y3 , I think it is a great looking color ( I had a B5 69 )

Kern Dog

Do what YOU want.
I love B-5. I love it so much, I almost took mine apart to do a change to B-5 from the still shiny red paint it has had since 2003.
Even with that said, it is a color that isn't as rare as yours. The colors that usually blend in like the light colored yellows and tans have a quality to them unmatched by black, red, blue or purple. The light brown, copper, yellow and tan cars seem a bit more upscale to me, maybe not as sporty in the flashy sense but desireable nonetheless.

green69rt

My vote...I like the yellow. 

jefferson

If your going to do it blue B5, go with QQ1, IMO a better and nicer shade of blue
more metalic look and damn it looks good!

b5blue

DAY CLONA

Quote from: jefferson on February 14, 2020, 12:45:34 AM
If your going to do it blue B5, go with QQ1, IMO a better and nicer shade of blue

I'd agree with you on that, while not a fan of blues, the QQ1 is sharp looking esp with white interior/white striping/red line tires, Q5 is also another great choice in the sea of B5 blue Mopars

jefferson

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 14, 2020, 07:31:25 PM
Quote from: jefferson on February 14, 2020, 12:45:34 AM

I'd agree with you on that, while not a fan of blues, the QQ1 is sharp looking esp with white interior/white striping/red line tires, Q5 is also another great choice in the sea of B5 blue Mopars

Yea qq1 is awesome
I love it

garner7555

Paint it whatever you like and don't put too much stock in others opinions.     :Twocents:      :2thumbs:        :yesnod:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

DAY CLONA

Quote from: garner7555 on February 15, 2020, 07:24:03 AM
Paint it whatever you like and don't put too much stock in others opinions.     :Twocents:      :2thumbs:        :yesnod:

While I can agree with your statement, he did post a poll and seek opinions, some people are confused when it comes to the "refurbishment" of a vehicle as to what direction they should go, it's either put on the feed bucket and blinders and follow the herd and stick to "originality" with no deviation... or express one's own desire, then there's the "value" crowd input... personally it's just a machine, a factory hot rod, the factory took it as far as they could go, it's up to the individual to express his/her intentions with their property

70 sublime

You could always .....  :2thumbs:
It had to be said
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

DanielRobert

If those are the only choices, I'd take B5.....beige will hurt more than it helps.
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

ACUDANUT

Paint is cheap compare to new body panels, body work, and frame repairs. ect.
Paint it your favorite color. Your Car, Your Way. :Twocents: