News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Side exhaust tips

Started by G Force, November 12, 2006, 10:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Force

Where can I buy two of these??    I am conteplating putting electric exhaust cut outs on my car with these exhuast tips.

daytonalo

moparguy01

Quote from: daytonalo on November 13, 2006, 11:38:13 PM
Who makes that tip ?

sounds like he doesn't know. it's called a boom tube, and is available at racing supply places and also at Dr. Gas
http://www.drgas.com/store/home.php?cat=2

Warning, they arent cheap, but neither is anything else on a nascar racer

G Force

Found and purchased two of them on E Bay. 

moparguy01

What did you pay for them by chance? I'm just curious.

G Force

I payed $95.00 each. They were in used condition. Now the challange is to see how they will fit and look..

G Force

Ok,  its official...
The boom tubes will fit the car..
I ordered QTP's Electric cutouts today.
I will be installing new Dynomax turbo Mufflers and new Stainless exhuast tips out the rear.
I will have 3" exhaust out the sides ( to the boom tubes)  and 2 1/2" out the rear (to the muffler and SS tips).
Should have it all compete by the New Year.

G Force

Mission accomplished!   The system works Great!

471_Magnum

Observation: That's not a safe driveshaft loop. It's downright dangerous.

Couple of major no..no's... 1) attaching it to the seatbelt anchors. 2) only wraps halfway around the loop.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

hutch

Can you point out the issue on the photo?  draw on it?  I  I have seen shaft installs like this and never knew what was bad about it.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

K9COP

Wow, nice rims on your car, what are they? Also, is that the correct Sublime colour.. that's what I'm talking about. :icon_smile_wink:
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)