News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stock 383 Throttle Bracket...Does it have (2) bolt holes or just (1)???

Started by Mfr426, May 12, 2006, 08:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hey all, I've been struggling with my 383 4v motor and the throttle cable. I FINALLY got the secondaries to open but am still not clear if my throttle bracket is the correct one for the motor. Can someone comment on whether or not a 383 throttle cable bracket bolts to the intake with 2 or 1 bolt? The one I have now is one both and I dont think it's correct.

Anyone care to comment or have a pic of their stock, factory bracket? I'm confused.

BTW, I got my secondaries to FINALLY open HOLY LOAD the car has some power man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dodge freak

Sorry but I have no camera but on my small block using the stock bracket it was to short to line up to my holley. What cheap old me did was to get two studs about 2 1/2" and screw them in to the head where the bracket goes. I then use washers and nuts and thighen the intake back down. Now I took anought nut and spun it about half way down the stud did the same thing on the other one too. Put the bracket on over the studs on top of the nuts, now you can adjust the hight of the bracket to the crab linkage. Once its line up take two more nuts and with two wench's thighen them up. I had this set up for over 10 years now works great. Takes a little longer if you go to remove the intake but how offen is that.

Oh yeah , these old cars can still go really good even if its not a 11 second car, or is it that these new cars are justĀ  ssloww.

Chryco Psycho

I would use teh one bolt bracket , or what fits/ works best for you

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Mfr426

Thanks guys and thanks Dan for the shots. That lower shot is what I currently have. Someone in a previous post mentioned that the 383 and 440 were different because the 440 was a wider motor (or the bolt holes were further apart on the 440 vs. the 383). That didnt make a ton of sense to me as I thought a big block bracket would fit either.

Thanks all.

Mike R