News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good project car?

Started by ChargerRT440, May 13, 2006, 02:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRT440

Does this 1974 Satellite Sebring look like a good project to start with? looks solid to me. It's got no motor but I have a 318 I rebuilt last sem in mechanics class that I can drop in there. http://www.muscle-iron.com/74_plymouth_sebring.htm

Telvis

It looks to have a lot of rust. The back of the trunk lid, front lower part of the doors and the lower quarter look bad. The back bumper is rusted through. I would bet the trunk and floor pans are too. Rust is kind of like a roach. If you see one or two there's probably a lot more you don't see. I would definitely inspect that car very carefully.  :Twocents:

262chargers

Looks like a good project to me... How much are they asking for it?
I don't think thats alot of rust, I live in WI... :P
The 67 Belvedere they have would make a good project too  :yesnod:

Blown70

I know of one sitting in a salvage yard better than that one.  At is has the driveline yet.....I say that is a parts car.

MassCharger73

I'd be wary of someone listing 3/4 of a tuff wheel as a selling point . ::)
1973 Charger

ChargerRT440

he wants 1500 CDN for it and I could probably bargin him down to about a grand

chrisII

i would not give more than 3-400 american for that car. EVERYTHING neads attention. the shifter is missing the T (is something broke?) the ws wiper switch is missing its knob (same deal) it looks like about 75% of the body neads work. 75% of the trim is dinged up. it would be within reason to get this car driveable but it is NOT a good project IMO. being a 74 im sure it doesnt have an 8 3/4 rear, the front ends have a TON of rubber that is prone to rotting (as are the mounting points)
   Even if you DID fix this thing up, its still a 74 and not even a road runner. = aint worth half what you will spend in parts to fix it up. if you have a rebuildt 318 that neads a home i would suggest an A body or an aspen / volare they are lighter cars that are better suited for 318 power.