News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Held Hostage

Started by krops cars, June 05, 2018, 10:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Regardless, at the end of the day the owner of the car should of paid the storage fees. No way around it. I pay a friend to store my '71 Charger R/T. I pay every month and have never had a problem. There are a few months were I've been out of town working and haven't been able to get there to pay it so the next month I double it up and pay for both. It's all about communication. I got the feeling the owner left the car there, told the storage provider "Yeah yeah, I'll pay you" but never had any intentions to. I could see not paying for a few months or paying for a few years and then stopping. It was be more of an approachable situation but the fact that the owner didn't pay a single month of storage fees from the minute the car was dropped off puts him up sh*ts creek without a paddle. It creates a giant clusterf*ck. It really doesn't matter if it was $25 a month or $75 a month; the owner didn't pay a dime of either monthly fee nor had a written agreement/contract. It's one persons word against another. You know what happens if you don't pay for your storage locker after a certain amount of time? It gets auctioned off and the proceeds go towards your bill. The son that was posting should consider himself lucky that the car was still there; if it even was. It was a tough situation that unfortunately a lawyer would have to deal with. It seemed his intentions were to steal the car back which I didn't agree with.

I was going to post until he started insulting everyone and getting belligerent with anyone that didn't agree with him.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 07, 2018, 12:42:18 PM
It seemed his intentions were to steal the car back which I didn't agree with.

I was going to post until he started insulting everyone and getting belligerent with anyone that didn't agree with him.

In a nutshell, that's what it all came down to. Most everyone could see that, but a couple didn't.

Kern Dog

When someone in a group acts in an illegal manner, I think it is our duty to call them out on it. It is called "Self Policing".  Some may call it Street Justice. Why argue with that?

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Back N Black on June 07, 2018, 10:16:12 AM
Quote from: Lennard on June 07, 2018, 08:47:01 AM
Being an internet troll, bully people and calling people names, safely from behind your computer is just weak. No matter how big, bad and tough you are.

Btw, all I did was invite Kerndog to say in my face what he had said here on the forum.

I agree with you Lennard, a bully is a bully on the internet or face to face. Some people find it funny because that's their intent, get a laugh at someone else expense.

:iagree: