News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

manifold/ header bolt screw up.....

Started by jaak, May 06, 2006, 02:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

I have a set of 906 heads that I had freshened up at a machine shop, afew years ago and havent used yet, after getting them back I broke off one of the studs. back then being young, lazy, and very stupid.... I tried to drill the broken stud out, to make a long ignorant story short I wound up walloring out the hole. I still have these heads and want to use them. is there a way to correct it. Do I need to find a core have it machined and install valves, springs, etc, from the head I f#cked up. I though i might can weld a new stud in, Is this possible. Any advise is appriciated and ribbing (is well deserved) But I guess we learn from mistakes.

Jason

greenpigs

I forget the correct name but have a machine shop put an insert in the f'ed up hole. Not a heli-coil as they leak but a solid  sleeve that is threaded both on the ID and OD.

BTW my dad just F'ed up the head on my 440 so I am going to be having the same done.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Steve P.

Went down that road just a few years ago. I got lucky and drilled it so close to the center that I took the stud threads out with a pick... 

I don't remember if the front and back studs go into the water jacket though!!  If not you could Helli-coil it.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida