News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's everyone's plan for their charger in 2018

Started by cbrestorations, December 31, 2017, 10:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: garner7555 on January 03, 2018, 08:02:25 PM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 03, 2018, 04:31:02 PM
After over a year of neglect my goal is to get it on the road as much as possible. I'd like to get it out to some driving events this year as well. More autocrosses and I would like to even drag race it (the low profile tires won't help but I'd still like to see what it can do).

I've got a bunch of parts ready to go on it. Ported aluminum heads, power windows, projector led headlights, and a bunch of smaller items. But the one item I will be buying in the summer is an overdrive transmission. But I also bought 72 Duster to work on so that might steal some of the funds going towards the transmission.

Awesome plans!  We need to see pictures of this Duster...    :yesnod:

I'll make a build thread on it one of these days on this site but as of now it doesn't look right. Needs polishing, new bumpers, and a total cleanup on it. But I do have new Corbeau seats, Dr diff 13" brakes, Coys wheels, some QA1 suspension goodies, and a ton of other parts to clean it up. It's a /6 at the moment and runs pretty decent but eventually I'd like to do a 392 hemi, 5 speed, and 4 link in the rear. But that's a while out.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Fitz73Chrgr

For the 73:
Get the linkages hooked up and take it for a drive...on to a trailer and to the body shop.

For the 70:
Disc brake conversion
New steering box, longer pitman and idler arms
New stereo
New exhaust
Fuel injection?
And of course...drive it more.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Ghoste

phantom

funknut

Great idea for a thread, here's my list of 'probably:'

- complete rear disc brake upgrade
- 3" exhaust
- replace rockers, springs and lifters
- fix air cleaner/hood clearance issue
- minor cosmetic repairs (front grille, other broken ABS parts)
- clean up dash/fix tach

my list of 'maybe but probably not until the fall:'

- upgrade to modern front buckets
- engine bay/dash rewire
- alternator upgrade

my list if I hit the lottery:

- sequential fuel injection w/ Megasquirt
- RMS 4-link for the rear

garner7555

Wow Phantom,  that thing looks great!      :yesnod:     It is really low.    :coolgleamA:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

alfaitalia

Yeah I agree...looks amazing....cant be a lot of suspension up-travel at the front though....not before it hits the inner fenders at least!! And it will be slightly lower still with the weight of the body work on ! You don't want to have to have it really stiff to avoid contact.....nothing worse looking (or feeling) than, what we call here, the Ricer Hop !!! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

VegasCharger

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 02, 2018, 09:34:57 AM
finish the body job, engine fix and tranny upgrade, reassemble it and take it into a container up to Spain...

Once in Spain... get a Tuff Stuff alt, Bilstein RDC Shocks and... I can't recall whate else I still own to my car. ( I made a thread about that some months ago ). Maybe add rear spring sliders. But need to get a job in Euros to be able to pay for that, not anymore in Bolivares ( local currency ). Local currency is not enough even for food at this moment.

You relocating to Spain Nacho?

phantom

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 09, 2018, 03:14:51 AM
Yeah I agree...looks amazing....cant be a lot of suspension up-travel at the front though....not before it hits the inner fenders at least!! And it will be slightly lower still with the weight of the body work on ! You don't want to have to have it really stiff to avoid contact.....nothing worse looking (or feeling) than, what we call here, the Ricer Hop !!! :lol:

It's on airbags. This is park level, i can choose ride height at anytime from inside the car  ;)

alfaitalia

Of course....! I can see that now I'm looking properly!! LOL.  :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!