News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How about a recap of all that got done to your charger in 2017

Started by 69wannabe, January 01, 2018, 08:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

Glad to say I had a pretty good 2017, can't say I didn't run into some bumps and turns along the way but i did get some thing's done on my charger that really made me happy with what I added to it. Early in the year I pulled the carpet and did the cool it thermo tec mat all throughout the floor and had new carpet installed with a new shifter boot since the old one was torn. Also did a new trunk divider while I had the seats out.  I think that's all that got done early in the year but I did get some stealth heads ordered in april and got them to Jim to get fixed up for me and received them in may and pulled the engine and done a rear main seal replacement and a head swap and also put a new water pump housing kit on and a slightly shorter set of pushrods and between may and june got it out and back in and was rolling by mid june again. Also installed a new fan clutch and a fan shroud and new top and bottom radiator hoses and heater hoses. Old car was really due for some tlc, had to have a new regulator installed for my alternator and had to have the starter repaired about three day ago. Did enjoy the car this year and got to drive the car a good bit and maybe this year I won't have to do no major repair's on it.....

Baldwinvette77

2017 was pretty cool, it started off preparing my 69 wannabe for its first major test drive, sway bar, and leak fixes and things, and then i ended up finding a completely different car that was pretty bad, and actually a friend convinced me not to get it at first, but when i learned someone else was going to buy it for the roof i figured i could at least make a car out of it. i sold my 70 cutlass s to make room for it and fund it. and now i have a really beat 68 charger that runs like a mercedes... breaks down just as often as one too  :scratchchin:

garner7555

I will just hit the high points because I am reassembling it after paint so there has been a lot.   
14" Brembo cross drilled brakes on the front and 12" cross drilled on the back
Borgeson steering box in QA1 K-frame and suspension
Vintage A/C
Sidewinder heads with a bowl blend, Lunati 268/276 cam, FiTech EFI with full timing control through Firecore Distributor, (fired it up and broke in the cam last week)
727 rebuilt with 11" PTC converter 
American Autowire 21 circuit kit
Console out of a modern Challenger

Been a great year and I hope I can get this thing finished by summer 18.   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

69wannabe

Progress is always good even if you are just making baby steps, hope this year is a good one and more progress is made on your projects!!!

Harper

QuoteBaldwinvette77

i am just shocked at how much difference there is in your car. glad you made it your own. awesome build.

as far as
my 69 Charger
got it running
replaced master cylinder
replaced master cylinder to por. valve brake lines
repacked the front wheel bearings (both sides)
replaced broken wheel studs (yep to right had threaded ones)
replaced the windsheild
bought 4 new tires
put a coat of cheap paint on it to help protect it
did some metal work in the trunk floor
had carburetor rebuilt
dedicated a set of Flowmasters for it.
bought a New Holley Carb for it
bought a 440/727 out of RV for it...

68 charger (bought it Dec 18, 2017)
bought it brought it home
cleaned it
removed front brakes
repacked front wheel bearings
put different tires on it that hold air :)
oiled all the hinges, on hood and doors
bought a new door glass for passenger side

1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: garner7555 on January 01, 2018, 09:50:06 PM
I will just hit the high points because I am reassembling it after paint so there has been a lot.  
Vintage A/C
Sidewinder heads with a bowl blend, Lunati 268/276 cam, FiTech EFI with full timing control through Firecore Distributor, (fired it up and broke in the cam last week)

Been a great year and I hope I can get this thing finished by summer 18.   :2thumbs:

Nice! Got any pics of the console installed?

As for my car in 2017:
-Full rewire with an American Autowire retrofit kit
-Fancy billet 150 amp alternator
-MSD pro billet distributor and wires
-After fighting with Fitech over a faulty ECU that never got resolved I switched to a Holley Terminator Stealth EFI
-New carpet
-New filler panel between grill support and radiator
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

XH29N0G

Little things, but always fun.  Went with a borgeson box and bilstein shocks, found/fixed manifold vacuum leak, cleaned up the shifter on the TKO by replacing springs and shortening the shift handle, replaced coil, replaced starter with a ministarter after old one died, and continue to play with different carburetors.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

c00nhunterjoe

I got my old scattered 383 out, got my "new" 440 installed and broke into the 10s with it.

jwells1993

took my junk from fugly yellow to badass flat black
keep on keepin on

garner7555

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 03, 2018, 04:33:03 PM
Vintage A/C

Been a great year and I hope I can get this thing finished by summer 18.   :2thumbs:

As for my car in 2017:
-After fighting with Fitech over a faulty ECU that never got resolved I switched to a Holley Terminator Stealth EFI
-New carpet

It's not finished yet by any means.   It will have a vertical panel that connects the dash and console, this panel will house a double din touch screen radio with navigation.   I have a hard time posting pictures here at times but I try to keep some posted here as it progresses if your on facebook and want to follow along.
https://www.facebook.com/Clarks-69-Charger-Build-948861531917783/
I also post a few pictures here at times. 
http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?1644-Clark-s-69-Charger-Build
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: garner7555 on January 03, 2018, 07:59:01 PM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 03, 2018, 04:33:03 PM
Vintage A/C

Been a great year and I hope I can get this thing finished by summer 18.   :2thumbs:

As for my car in 2017:
-New carpet

It's not finished yet by any means.   It will have a vertical panel that connects the dash and console, this panel will house a double din touch screen radio with navigation.   I have a hard time posting pictures here at times but I try to keep some posted here as it progresses if your on facebook and want to follow along.
https://www.facebook.com/Clarks-69-Charger-Build-948861531917783/
I also post a few pictures here at times. 
http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?1644-Clark-s-69-Charger-Build

That looks awesome! The one item I really want for my charger is cupholders but with the stock console it just doesn't work. I've got the same Sidewinder shifter for my Duster and have been looking for some sort of console idea. Might have to copy yours.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

XH29N0G

Took this picture to make the point that we already have cup holders (3)  :lol: - at least that is what I recall my parents explaining.  

:smilielol: sometimes I crack myself up.  

Seriously though, the console will be nice and I look forward to seeing your car when it is done.

AND Looking more at the picture, I just noticed the little white sticky (upper left) in my dad's handwriting.  
Looks like oil/filter changes at  92139 and 955_5? My guess is this is a mid/late 70's early 80's note.  

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ghoste

Swapped the numbers matching engine for a rebuilt one that I had.