News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

questions on Roller rockers:

Started by Harper, December 20, 2017, 09:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harper

1. what brand roller rockers do you guys run?

2. typically all most 383/440 bb rocker ratio's the same? ( i know ford has 1.6, 1.70, and 1.73 ratios).

3. What do you guys think about Harland Sharp Roller rockers?
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

c00nhunterjoe

I run jesels on 1 engine and the comp steelies on the other. Each serves its seperate purpose. For the average and even higher performance build, i prefer the comp steel rockers. They are a bushed style rocker, very strong, nicely priced and can handle some pretty stout valve spring pressures.

Bronzedodge

I'm not seeing the steel line on Comp's website.   :shruggy:
Mopar forever!

c00nhunterjoe

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-1621-16

These have been on the 426 max wedge since 2009 with a solid roller cam, 750# spring pressure. Pulled off each winter and inspected. As of last month, still show 0 wear.

Harper

So i am guessing that all Mopar big block heads carry Shaft mounted rockers? and it looks like they are nearly all 1.5 ratio?

thats a lotta bread to throw down on just rocker arms...

1968 Dodge Charger

c00nhunterjoe

Yes, 1.5. But the price includes 2 hardened shafts, all required spacers,  and the rockers.

Harper

QuoteYes, 1.5. But the price includes 2 hardened shafts, all required spacers,  and the rockers.

damn! and i thought FORD parts were high!!

the upside is the chrome moly, and weight of the rockers is lighter than most aluminum...

Brand: COMP Cams

Manufacturer's Part Number: 1621-16

Part Type: Rocker Arms

Product Line: COMP Cams Pro Magnum Shaft Mount Roller Rocker Arms

Summit Racing Part Number: CCA-1621-16

UPC: 036584222699

Rocker Arm Mounting Style: Shaft

Self-Aligning: No

Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5

Rocker Arm Style: Full roller

Shaft Diameter (in): 0.872 in.

Shims Included: No

Rocker Arm Material: Chromoly steel

Rocker Arm Body Style: Standard

Rocker Arm Fasteners Included: No

Maximum Spring Diameter (in): 1.540 in.

Rocker Arm Finish: Black oxide

Quantity: Sold as a set of 16.

Notes: Requires a ball/ball end pushrod. Kit includes rockers, shafts, spacers, dividers and bolts.

In-Store Pickup: Choose In-store pick-up (OH, NV, GA, TX) on our web site.

COMP Cams Pro Magnum shaft mount roller rocker arms combine the strength of 8650 chromoly steel and the weight savings of aluminum rockers. COMP Cams took advantage of computer design to simulate the stresses that affect rockers under various operating loads. This allowed the engineers to lessen the rockers' mass at non-critical areas and strengthen the areas that take the most punishment. The results are rocker arms that are strong where they need to be and actually weigh 5 percent less at the valve than comparable aluminum rockers.
1968 Dodge Charger

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Harper

QuoteLifetime warranty too...

that alone is worth a ton!!! thanks for sharing!!
1968 Dodge Charger

firefighter3931

I prefer a fully rollerized rocker with bigger spring pressures (roller cam) and have the Harland Sharps on mine. Been very reliable so far at 250lb seat/600lb open spring pressures.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Harper

QuoteI prefer a fully rollerized rocker with bigger spring pressures (roller cam) and have the Harland Sharps on mine. Been very reliable so far at 250lb seat/600lb open spring pressures.  2thumbs

i had harland sharps on my bbf and i had no issues with them and the quality seemed good, so I will more than likely go with them again.thanks for the info
1968 Dodge Charger

c00nhunterjoe

Nothing wrong with harland sharps.

flyinlow

I have The Comp steel roller tips for about 8000 miles so far. Mild street hydraulic cam so they are not working that hard. So far so good.

heyoldguy

Harland Sharp, T&D, Comp Cams 1621-16, Hughes, Mancini Racing (by Harland Sharp).