News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kickdown link?

Started by frank1966, May 15, 2018, 01:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

Hello,

Iam a little confused with the kickdown link. I don't know what I have or what iam missing. The bottom rod with the slider? I see some pics with a spring attached here. Mine does not stay on, falls off.

John_Kunkel

Everything there is wrong, the KD rod needs to be pushed from the top not pulled from the bottom. You need an Edelbrock 1481 throttle lever adapter and correct stud.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1481/overview/

Previous thread with pics:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=82311.0
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

frank1966

Thanks, What is the KD rod? I don't know what it is suppose to look like.

John_Kunkel

The slotted end that you have installed on the bottom of the lever is the KD rod.

frank1966

Are the 2 cables correct?

frank1966

Iam also missing a spring?

John_Kunkel

The two cables (throttle and cruise) appear to be correct, just installed directly on the carb lever instead of on the correct adapter and stud. Look at the pics in the link I posted. In addition to the throttle return spring there must be a second spring to pull the linkage up against the throttle lever stud (#13 in the diagram below).

frank1966

Thanks for that pic. I don't have that long pin to attach that spring. That arm with the slot and pin looks like it needs to be set all the back in the slot? Mine is just sitting there in the middle. Where in the world can I get a pin and a spring like that? It appears my arm with the slot is correct, just routed wrong to the carb.

BLK 68 R/T

frank1966

Oh nice, everything it there! Springs, bracket, stud. Thanks!

John_Kunkel

Once you have all the correct parts, adjust the linkage the factory way.