News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger rebuild

Started by 68pplcharger, March 11, 2010, 09:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68pplcharger

Finally getting panels put in... hopefully get to headliner this weekend. Love how the roll cage matches

garner7555

69 Charger 440 resto-mod

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

68pplcharger

slowly getting the headliner in and around the rollcage...  :brickwall: it's not easy but worth the effort.

keepat

That's a hard without the roll cage! great job working around it, looks awesome!
Pat

68pplcharger

Thanks Pat... I laid out the roll cage so the visors will work also. I had to modify them a little but they will work. Still have to sew them together and get the base chromed. project for later in the summer. lol

6spd68

Would you ever consider adding a black vinyl top?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

68pplcharger

I originally thought about putting one on the car and agonized over which way to go for several weeks. Finally decided to go with the hard top since I was putting the V21 hood accent on the car. I'll drive the car for a few years maybe I'll get froggy and put one on. The car was originally a vinyl top car.

MxRacer855

68pplcharger

Quote from: MxRacer855 on April 04, 2016, 12:29:20 PM
Beautiful!  :2thumbs: :cheers:

Thanks I should be able to help you out here in a few weeks if you still need.

68pplcharger

Console finally in and headliner complete

VegasCharger

Quote from: 68pplcharger on April 04, 2016, 11:01:08 AM
I originally thought about putting one on the car and agonized over which way to go for several weeks. Finally decided to go with the hard top since I was putting the V21 hood accent on the car. I'll drive the car for a few years maybe I'll get froggy and put one on. The car was originally a vinyl top car.

Keep the vinyl top off. Great choice :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

68pplcharger

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 05, 2016, 04:26:12 PM
Quote from: 68pplcharger on April 04, 2016, 11:01:08 AM

Keep the vinyl top off. Great choice :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I'm pretty damn happy with it

68pplcharger

Some pics with wheel chrome and blacked out fuel lines. Only have a 4-6 weeks wait for the window vent frame chrome and the car will basically be done, if they are ever done.  :rofl:

I think I'm going to keep the roll cage white and add white padding as well. I think it really balances out well with the interior the way it is currently

lukedukem

what happened to that passenger window on that Tahoe?

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

BLK 68 R/T

Your car is turning out beautiful. Nice job!

phantom

68pplcharger

Quote from: lukedukem on April 26, 2016, 08:32:26 AM
what happened to that passenger window on that Tahoe?

Luke

Was moving the Tahoe to get my car out of the garage and rolled the window down...  :brickwall: It didn't roll back up.

Thanks Phantom and BLK 68 R/T.

Just a quick drive yesterday and it out handles my Wife's BMW 135I (with M series handling package) with ease. Very happy with what I've seen so far. Can't wait to do some more testing....

68pplcharger

Finally got the money to restore the window vent frames. polishing the stainless and putting them together. The original rubber gasket cleaned up real nice luckily.

68pplcharger

Jarven

Quote from: 68pplcharger on October 05, 2015, 02:21:58 PM
Radio installed, looks original but has 4x45 watts per channel with pre-amp outputs, and aux input. Sounds great and has bluetooth capability so I  have handfree phone use as well. I have a total of 1200 watts of power and it all looks stock.  :coolgleamA:

Do you mind telling me where to find a radio like yours? Looks really nice!
1969 Charger 440 RT/SE

68pplcharger

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68pplcharger

Quote from: Troy on May 08, 2017, 12:17:51 PM
Looks great! :2thumbs:

Troy

Thanks Troy

It's the rebuild that never ends... lol

At least I can drive the car. I just call the small details upgrades.  :smilielol: