News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best way to fit Hooker Competition headers

Started by slumbers, February 02, 2017, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!

cdr

what, that wasn't funny? guess my sense of humor is different .   :nana:   
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

I was agreeing.
Ever see a drunk guy yell WOOOooooooo when something goes their way?
Picture that only I am not drunk.

cdr

:2thumbs:  I got drunk once , well more than that.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

c00nhunterjoe

Pull motor mount bolts, car on stands, jack motor up, passenger side slides in with ease. Driver may require torsion bar removal for ease depending on if they are 1 3/4 or 1 7/8. Still not hatefull.

vegasmike

I went through the same problem,,took them to the machine shop had them mill the flange on an angle to keep them from hitting the torsion bars..tell you what if i have to pull the motor out they will end up in the garbage can

Kern Dog

slumbers

Just a follow up to all your help previously ...
I have now fitted the TTI headers and a full stainless Pypes stainless steel system with an X pipe and Flowmaster 40 Mufflers . The TTI 's fit perfectly with power steering and a Column change auto with no modifications at all . I only had to rotate the engine on the mounts on the drivers side about 2" up to get the TTI manifold in , the passenger side went straight in . Some pictures here to show how good and tight these headers are .

Thanks for all your help the engine fired up after 2 years of hard work and I'm hoping to have the car on the road in the next month or so  :2thumbs:

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

slumbers

Quote from: alfaitalia on March 05, 2017, 01:28:37 PM
Nice...certainly is tight in there!
Sure is ,note to self , next time  make sure you fit the lokar kick down linkage before fitting the exhaust manifolds otherwise you will swear a lot and cut your only one hand you can get in there to shreds   :yesnod:

BDF

Have you fit plug wires yet? #5 looks very close.

slumbers

Quote from: BDF on March 05, 2017, 05:17:58 PM
Yes , They are angled and all clear the exhaust manifolds , I have Stealth Heads . I have fitted high temp heat proof boots over all 8 plug caps as an extra precaution.

Draco

Are those mufflers going to clear the drive shaft. Looks like they might need to be turned 180 degrees. Awful tight.

slumbers

Quote from: Draco on March 06, 2017, 02:15:52 PM
      Are those mufflers going to clear the drive shaft. Looks like they might need to be turned 180 degrees. Awful tight.
The car is on axle stands under the Back axle so it should only go up unless I go Dukes of Hazzard jumping but you may be right I will rotate them a bit , there is about 1" clearance at the moment , the picture is deceptive 😎

Draco

This the clearance with TTI pipe's

slumbers

I'll try turning my mufflers around the other way , Thanks for the last picture  ;)

BDF

Quote from: slumbers on March 06, 2017, 01:32:23 PM
Quote from: BDF on March 05, 2017, 05:17:58 PM
Yes , They are angled and all clear the exhaust manifolds , I have Stealth Heads . I have fitted high temp heat proof boots over all 8 plug caps as an extra precaution.
Excellent!  :2thumbs:  :cheers: