News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Distributorless 440

Started by TommyGun, March 06, 2017, 10:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyGun

I'm going to install either a fitech or Holley sniper efi on my car shortly. I'd like to upgrade my ignition system at the same time. What I'm wondering is if I could use an msd 6ls setup with ls coils, crank sensor, and the jeep cps for cam sensor. Other than changing around the coil wires so the firing order lines up, is there any reason this wouldn't work? Or is there another solution for a distributorless ignition that uses 8 separate coils? I see a few systems that use waste spark and three coils but I don't like the look of that. Thanks

Baldwinvette77

sounds like a cool idea, but keep in mind you will need something to drive the oil pump  :scratchchin:

TommyGun

Ya the jeep cam sensor takes care of that 👍

c00nhunterjoe

Check with jim, (mechtech), he runs a distributorless, 8 coil multiport injection setup. His car is pretty badass.

TommyGun

Yes I believe he is using Megasquirt.  I was hoping to find something a little less involved than that but its not looking like there are a lot of options.

68CoronetRT

Well Fitech and maybe the Holley system will do timing control. But they do need the magnetic pickup from the distributor. Is the Jeep sensor a 2 wire? That might actually work to trigger the Fitech and thus control the coil.

Just a thought.

TommyGun

Jeep sensor is 3 wire. I've been looking at the FAST xim controller. Looks like it should work.  :scratchchin:

Derwud

Cam Senor set-up in my 440. You also need a Crank wheel as well.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981