News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

V21 Hood treatment with body color call outs?

Started by Ryan.C, February 04, 2017, 03:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

I have been kicking this around for a while now. My question is how does one spray the V21 hood treatment and have the call outs body color? Plasti dip?

Any help is appreciated.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

JB400

Have a decal made up as a template.  They use a low tack adhesive to make removal easy for the decal.

Ryan.C

Quote from: JB400 on February 04, 2017, 05:28:47 PM
Have a decal made up as a template.  They use a low tack adhesive to make removal easy for the decal.

That may be the way I go. Sounds easy enough. I wonder if that would work with pastidip so I can make it temporary (in case I dont like it)   :scratchchin:

Dino

Plastidip the V21? Yeah that might work.

Have you checked if you can have the call outs made in body color? The shop I used to deal with could match any color. You'll have a lot of black between the call outs and the hood color so it'll look the same even if it's slightly off.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ryan.C

Quote from: Dino on February 04, 2017, 08:38:25 PM

Have you checked if you can have the call outs made in body color? The shop I used to deal with could match any color. You'll have a lot of black between the call outs and the hood color so it'll look the same even if it's slightly off.

Are you talking about spraying the hood treatment then laying body color call outs on top?

Dino

Quote from: Ryan.C on February 05, 2017, 12:57:20 PM
Quote from: Dino on February 04, 2017, 08:38:25 PM

Are you talking about spraying the hood treatment then laying body color call outs on top?

Yes

Ryan.C

I like it. I wonder where to have those made up? 

Dino

Check with vinyl decal shops, the guys that do advertising on vans, wraps and all that stuff. They can make pretty much any design in any size and color.

Ryan.C

Quote from: Dino on February 05, 2017, 02:37:16 PM
Check with vinyl decal shops, the guys that do advertising on vans, wraps and all that stuff. They can make pretty much any design in any size and color.

Thanks Dino, Ill call around tomorrow.

Dino