News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which brake lines do I need?

Started by 68ChargerJMP, January 03, 2017, 08:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

Just need some clarification from the pros...I plan on using a hydro boost system as well as Mustang GT disc brakes on all four corners on my 68. Which brake lines or kit do I need to order? Do I just get the drum/drum factory kit and just run flex line to the calipers? Do I get the disc kit? Do I just get the main line from the MC to the rear end and MC to the front tabs in the wheel well and custom line it from there?...Thanks in advance.

Rolling_Thunder

I run a 4 wheel disc brake system with a hydroboost system....           I ran a off the shelf stainless steel kit from inline tube for a power disc brake car ---  I ran braided flex hoses to the rear calipers and front calipers mated to the original lines.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Dino

I dry fitted a hydroboost last year and my drum/drum lines would have worked. However, the master sits so low that the lines hit the inner fender shock support and I broke them trying to rebend them. So either I make my own lines or I find a master with ports on the engine side.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68ChargerJMP