News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hotchkis UCA adjustment nut question

Started by MartinTheHuman, December 16, 2016, 08:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinTheHuman

Hello all, sorry to spam if this has already been addressed but I didn't see anything specific here or on Google searching and the Hotchkis support phone bank was pointless.

Checked the install manual and googled a bit, doesn't address any Hotchkis UCA adjustment recommendations.

I was looking at the UCA while I was installing the new disc brakes and I realized that the upper control arms have that adjustment threading on the rear side (side opposite the repositioning bracket) with that adjustment nut on it. I just wasn't thinking of it when I was installing the UCA's in the first place but is there a recommended length or number of exposed threads or anything like that for that adjustment? It struck me that I'd have to disassemble to adjust that nut so I figured I'd ask.

I'm pretty green with mechanics in general and kind of on a time crunch so hoping I can get an answer here or find out if I'm just overthinking it before I either decide to just Hail Mary it and let the guy that aligns my car deal with it since Hotchkis can't get back to me until Monday. Also, I'm coming to grips with the fact that no two Chargers have equivalent adjustments really, so if the answer is "situation dictates" I'll totally believe it! :)

WHITE AND RED 69

Leave about 3/8" of threads showing to the jamb nut. That will get you close enough to dial it in at the alignment shop.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

MartinTheHuman

Whew, that's about what I left which as it happens was pretty much how they came in the box. Thanks for the info.